Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Dude, I don't know if it's convenient for you, but best price I found was my local Wal Mart, plus no shipping charges! :)

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Osram IS Sylvania. Or rather...other way around...whatever...Osram is the parent company of Sylvania, IIRC.

As for Sylvania vs Stock, there's a huge noticable difference. I don't have any photos, but I run Silverstars on all of my vehicles. In the 636 compared to stock, the Silver Stars are noticably brighter, and noticably whiter, without the slightest bit of blue tinge. I hate the blue tint look, personally, so it's perfect. Optically, the human occular sensors pick up the most light in the 5,000k color range, which is pure white. So you'll get the brightest light from a 5,000k bulb, like Silverstars, over the blue tinted "xenon" bulbs everyone puts in their rice cars. In my car, the silverstars made a night and day difference (no pun intended), but in the 636 the difference was noticable, but not so extreme. Still worth it, IMO. I found them online for $25 shipped for a pair, but if you go to Autozone, you'll pay $25 for a single, and about $40 for a pair, after tax.

·
Registered
330 Posts
what about 04 zx-6r? whats the bulb

·
Registered
411 Posts
Bought mine a walmart and im running 2 H7's. But make sure you dont buy something over 55 watts unless it's an HID kit!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah. get HIDs if you want good light! My friend put silverstars in his bike, no big change for 40 bucks. We both have HIDs now, and wow is it bright!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.