Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, im interested in stunting, i have done a few small wheelies on my bike a 2005 636 but im more interested in using that as a pleasure riding / track bike etc, so im looking at older bikes that i wont be too bothered about when i drop it learned stunts etc, my own thoughts are older sports bikes that i could street fighter, like old zx600r's or cbr 600's or what about old blades like 10 years old etc, are there any sports bike i shouldnt go for, im only looking for a cheap cheap bike, so whats ya best learner sports bikes, thankyou, Rob

·
Registered
141 Posts
best bikes are
honda F bikes bst is the F4i
kawi best are the 03-04 6rr and 636
those are really the easiest to wheelie and lots of parts
if you wernt over the pond you could buy mine
good luck just make sure you get a cage for what ever you get, the save alot of money in the long run.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hondas have probably the strongest frames. As you get better you will want an injected bike so it doesnt stall out when your rockin 12s. +1 on the cage, it will save the motor, and you can keep some of the plastics a little cleaner.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys thanx for the feedback, i dont have mega bucks, im just jumping onto the property ladder, however im good at saving plus if i do over time at work its like 300 bucks extra per shift, ( car manufacturer ), so hence also why i need a cheap bike, make my money spread better, but with that said i be able to work on my own bike in my own yard etc, so yeah, hopefully over this winter i will street fightering a bike, so you guys reckon the honda is best deal to learn on, strong frame etc, ok so i will look on ebay etc and look for f model cbr's, can you tell me what year range am i looking at 95 to present year or is that too old, in the uk market a mid to late 90's bike is 2 grand or 4 thou us dollars, anyways im typign up a pretty long post here, im just glad ive calmed down on my 636, was starting to do little stunts but its only had one service its too new to trash, thanks guys, Rob

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

hi, thought id share my bike, id like to do more wheelies on it, i mean be able to sustain a second or third gear wheelie on it, but i just dont have the money to replace it if i trashed it, Rob

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh and yes someone of you are gonna wonder why the house in the background is covered in England flags, well i guessed that they were soccer mad, as this picture was taken during the world soccer / football games, yes i know England did rubbish, Rob

·
Registered
668 Posts
haha. that a clean 6r man. honestly i hear that the absolute best way to leanr is to either get a honda crf50 (a fiddy) or an honda xr100 dirtbike and learn all the basics like brake and throttle control on those. From what ive seen, everyone that starts on the little bikes transfers it up to the big bikes VERY fast. If you look in the stunters corner section you will see a couple of threads started by a guy named Aaron Williams. he started out riding the little bikes now i think hes had his f4i for half the summer and hes doing sitdown cirlces pretty well because he transfered the techniques to the bigger bike. If you REALLY want to save money get a little bike and learn throttle and brake control. then once you have that get a big bike. Youll already have a grasp on what needs to be done and the rear brake control will be "burnt" into your memory banks. AN you wont spend a ton of money when jumping straight to a big bike because youll be wrecking it a shit ton at first.

used xr100s and fiddys go for about 800-1500.

There are so many things i wish i had done before i decided to stunt. My bike was minty as fuck. When istarted to leanr it was on a minty bike, and a big bike at that. i wishedi would have first learned stuff on a little dirtbike/motard. then i wish i would of either sold my nice bike, done research, bought something else that was wrecked already for cheap.

dont make the same mistakes i did. for you wallets sake!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Originally posted by vettjd01

i hate you.

hows it feel compared to your old, and my current shitbox.
well it feels like a brand new bike...it rides awesome and it's well balanced like i've heard...let's just say i wouldn't trade it for the kawi lol...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by vettjd01
haha. that a clean 6r man. honestly i hear that the absolute best way to leanr is to either get a honda crf50 (a fiddy) or an honda xr100 dirtbike and learn all the basics like brake and throttle control on those. From what ive seen, everyone that starts on the little bikes transfers it up to the big bikes VERY fast. If you look in the stunters corner section you will see a couple of threads started by a guy named Aaron Williams. he started out riding the little bikes now i think hes had his f4i for half the summer and hes doing sitdown cirlces pretty well because he transfered the techniques to the bigger bike. If you REALLY want to save money get a little bike and learn throttle and brake control. then once you have that get a big bike. Youll already have a grasp on what needs to be done and the rear brake control will be "burnt" into your memory banks. AN you wont spend a ton of money when jumping straight to a big bike because youll be wrecking it a shit ton at first.

used xr100s and fiddys go for about 800-1500.

There are so many things i wish i had done before i decided to stunt. My bike was minty as fuck. When istarted to leanr it was on a minty bike, and a big bike at that. i wishedi would have first learned stuff on a little dirtbike/motard. then i wish i would of either sold my nice bike, done research, bought something else that was wrecked already for cheap.

dont make the same mistakes i did. for you wallets sake!
Awesome post bro, gave me alot to think about, and thankyou for the positive feedback on my bike, and no way will i stunt that i totally agree 1 month it be worth 10 percent it original value :p, i was thinking of getting an older cbr 600, and fightering and trashing it, but may consider going alot smaller, its just as some may agree with me or understand what i mean, i have no luv to ride bikes other than sports / superbike, but i see your valid reasons to go to smaller cc bikes i could learn alot of wheelies balance / control, so i wont lie, id prefere to go an older 600cc bike but i do have conflicting thoughts about that, atleast i have time to think, and hopefully do the right route for me, thanks for all the feedback guys much appreciated, Rob

·
Registered
249 Posts
Honestly from a perspective and riding 9043209845729 bikes there are only three bikes i would ever use for stunting at this point

F4i's tanks but suck
03-04 636 ($$$ best bike ever)
05-06 636 (just a flat awesome Ride)

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
get a honda f4i, don't waste ur time with a bike that has carbs to stunt. u will regret it later imo. the f4i is a strong ass bike, and easy to stunt. they call'm the f4easy.
a 2nd choice would be the 6dirty6 (636) 03' and up. nice bikes to stunt

·
Registered
249 Posts
I somewhat have some skill heres the deal and why everyone are switiching over from honda to kawi.

636's have nasty engine brake and run perfect the only problem is that if you do "outdated tricks" like bar tricks. sometimes you have to re rout the oil dump from the air box. or you can hydro lock your motor. i've never had this problem i to be honest hate the f4i's i cant ride them they feel like shit to me the 636 feels like a damn bmx bike. and takes some abuse

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.