Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pretty much outgrown my Ninja 500 and although its still fun its not faast (or pretty).

I've been shopping for a 600 - 1000cc bike for a few weeks and yesterday went a drive around 5 shops to get prices and see what they would offer on trade in..

Nobody would budge from sticker price on any of the litre bikes (ZX10, GSXR1000, CBR1000). The kawi store offered me $3300 for my ninja 500 (2005, 3200miles mint condition) but he had one out front for $4300, 2004, 7200miles.. So that didn't seem to fit too well.

Should I wait for the '07 models and hope to get a deal on an '06 ? When will '07 models be arriving ?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
try this guy. his prices are listed on his site, no haggle. i got my 06 636 form him.

kawasakicityirving.com

lowest price i found by far

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
There used to be a "good" and "bad" time to buy bikes. Not so much anymore since there are so many shops out there. With price competition and what not, there really isn't an ideal time to buy bikes. I bought my bike mid season way before the new models were coming out and still only paid $7500OTD.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I would look around now for a 2005 still sitting around, my '03 was picked up in spring of 2004 for $6900.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Originally posted by helo-pilot
try this guy. his prices are listed on his site, no haggle. i got my 06 636 form him.

kawasakicityirving.com

lowest price i found by far
[:M86] I got my bike from his Dallas store. Well worth the trip to Dallas or Irving. I bought my 2003 model in the summer of 2004. It was around $7400 OTD. You can't beat his prices.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought my bike in Jan, and got some good finance specials (3% for three years), 5 year extended warantee for $1 and a full tank of gas :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kawasakicityirving.com has damn fine prices... I'm not financing so I don't need any finance deals I just need a lot of bike for least amount of $$.

Now the problem, I am moving towards a litre bike, and the ZX10 is second on the list to a GSX-R (34 year old squid in the making?)

Can anyone answe when the 2007 models are going to arrive ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Usually in Oct.Got my 05 for 7000 OTD.But primary reason is I think the weather here is best for breakin during that time of year.You get to ride(here)all the way up till Christmas,then bring her into shop and go over'm pretty good.Testing is one of my obsessions,so you wait for a really nice day,usually once a week,and test.Then by mid March everything is GOGOGO.Best of luck,BWS

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
well out here in my area as soon as first or second snow falls they seem to deal pretty good out here. i got my 03 636 that had 800 miles on it for 5500 back in early 04 when they had the asking price about 1k higher so they are flexible when the season is out

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd buy used for major up grade theres no need for a liter bike i went back to middle weights after 6months even my local dealer is selling 2007 ZX6R for 8700.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.