Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Gee dude , sorry to see/hear.

I would most likely try what you are speaking of........unless you have a nice idea for some new sticker...."ZX6R"......."ninja"...you know what I mean.

Good luck

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice boots!

As for painting that scratch - be careful. I read somewhere on this forum that someone painted his swingarm (cuz there was a scratch), and the new paint started to eat away the old paint, making it even worse.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Awww man, Grunt, that sucks, but honestly it doesn't appear to be very bad at all damage-wise. I'd be more likely to just get a touch-up stick from someone like color-rite or similar and do a tiny little brush stroke or two over it rather than risk a cup-size spray-on... OR take it to a body shop you trust - sometimes I'm amazed how they can buff out even some fairly significant scratches...

On the bright side... dayam! Sweeeeeet boots bro!

Keep us posted...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I had a minor mishap today and shall we say, gently nursed the 6R to the pavement. A car pulled out in front of me at a high rate of speed in a parking lot. I was going very slow, and was totally relaxed going through there... up till then it was an empty parking lot.

Sorta let my guard down you could say. Was leaving, and going around the back of the building onto a very narrow stretch along the other side of the building. Well this guy came barreling down the narrow path towards the rear, but was not vivsible...and just as I'm rounding the building there he is.

I had 1 hand on the grips. Thank god he came when he did...another split second and I would have been right in the trolly tracks and got broadsided. Anyway, I stood it up from my lean and hit the brakes HARD. Got stopped, but wasn't totally upright. Also didn't quite get positioned right, and as I'm short, and the bike was already leaning right, as soon as it stopped, it went right fast. That's probaly the fastest I've ever stopped too.

So by the time I got the right foot planted and a solid grip on the bars it was too late, I could only slow the fall. I'm mad at him, but mostly myself...NEVER let your guard down, even in the slowest stuff.

Here is the damage... I'm wondering what you guys would sufggest to best fix it. There is a slight canyon where the black mark is...I mean it's not quite flush with the surrounding paint. I'm thinking I'll just get some touch up paint and spray it into a cup, mask around it and Q-tip the paint into the hole. It'll still be somewhat viseble, but not as bad. Is there a better way (there has to be)??? What would fill the gap to make it flush... and how can I get a good cover-up job??? Thanks guys. Maybe I should just buy a yellow candle, and melt some of the wax into it LOL ?!

grunt_99 has attached this file: doh.jpg 46 KB

/forum/uploads/grunt_99/doh.jpg

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In all honesty it's not all that bad, I'm just disapointed, mainly in myself. I can be my own biggest critic LOL. I'm gunna take it to the local guy that's supposed to be great with bike plastics. As the song says "The first cut is the deepest..." :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.