Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search but didn't get any results. I have a black double bubble and I'm trying to get all of the little scratches off. I tried a turtle wax rubbing compound. It got rid of the big scratches but just made alot of little ones.

·
Registered
561 Posts
you could replace it. You need to find something finer than the turlewax. They make special sand paper for the cockpit glass on private planes, it's plexiglass so the samething should work. I think it's in the range of 10,000 to 30,000 grit.
-D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Dont take this too seriously but I hear toothpaste works great on cd's and dvds. Depends on how deep the scratches are. Toothpaste has micro fine abrasives to clean the surface of your teeth. Give it a try it wont hurt anything and Im sure you already have some.

·
Registered
604 Posts
get a porter cable and a fine polish like some poorboys ssr 1.0 and bam, all gone. but I doubt you'll want to spend 120 on a porter cable just to remove swirls. so go ahead and use it to detail your car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cover with stickers... Mines not scratched but ive already started!
This way not only do i get to promote one of my fav. bands, but it also perfectly describes my one-wheel addiction!

Ive got plans for a jackass sticker on the front mid, and probably a Nonpoint sticker on the other side.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Wet sand with 2000 grit sand paper and then som rubbing compound, followed by some wax

·
Registered
604 Posts
removing swirls of plastic and polish is possible with the pc. but it is not possible on the clearcoat of a car.

and I'm not sure if that wetsaning technique would work on plastic.

just buy a new one if it bothers you that much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Give plexus a go. It comes in a spray can like Mr Sheen. I used it on my bike last night, removes bugs and leaves bike looking like new!
It removed some tiny scratches on my windscreen.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by edgardojr
removing swirls of plastic and polish is possible with the pc. but it is not possible on the clearcoat of a car.

and I'm not sure if that wetsaning technique would work on plastic.

just buy a new one if it bothers you that much.
Done it before/ works best with high speed polisher

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.