Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to sell the bike. i dont WANT to, and its going to kill me to watch it go, but i just need to buy a house. both the bike and my '58 Oldsmobile are for sale :(:(

i listed it in the newspaper and didnt get ONE call, unless you count the other newspaper calling to see if i wanted to advertise it in THEIR paper...

is there a motorcycle equivalent to the Buy Lines or Special Interest, or should i just list it in a regular used-car guide?

or is anyone here interested in an immaculate silver '03 with less than 2200 miles? :)

thanks for the help --

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
i would also take all the mods off and sell them on ebay seperate make the bike stock again and sell it. U have alot in mods and u wont get the overall price for it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
And the price on these from the dealers has really dropped. You're probably going to have to take a loss to off it right now.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by scootergmc

And the price on these from the dealers has really dropped. You're probably going to have to take a loss to off it right now.
thats a big problem too. i know the dealers are all coming down in price because the season is almost over and the '04s will be coming. even worse is that when i put it in the paper originally it was only mid-July...

as for the mods, it probably is a good idea to take 'em off and sell the bike stock. i didnt really think of that until you mentioned it.

BTW, brand new ZX-6Rs on www.cycletrader.com are going for $7000 and less... [V]

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Let me second the recommendation for Cycle Trader. I took out the standard 40 buck ad, which rund for like 2-3 weeks and I was getting calls the next day and the bike (2001 Ninja 250) sold in about 8 days.

-Flash

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bike has less than 2200 miles (may even be less than 2100; id have to check to be sure). it was purchased in March, 2003 from Xtreme Motorsports in Freeport, NY. it has never been dropped or abused, never attempted to do any tricks, never touched the suspension settings set by dealer, the oil & filter has been chaged twice already (700 and 1500 with dino oil, kawi filters). i did all the mods myself. it is stored in a large wooden shed (about a 10' square and 7' high).

when it was in the paper, i advertised it with all mods listed below, plus woodcraft rear stand, California Car Cover Co. cover, and Kryptonite NY Fuggedaboutit lock & chain for $8500. that was in mid July.

Depending on interest, i can swap back to stock parts and change the price accordingly. custoim painted Arai Quantum/f Helmet (L), Alpinestars jacket (46), and GP Plus gloves (L) are also available, and again, the price can be changed accordingly.

damn this is already killing me to list it out like this... [B)]

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah, I'll be shocked if you even get $8000 for it. Strip the aftermarket and sell it separate. I PROMISE you you'll get more money that way. You'll have to cut your loss on the bike. Sucks. [B)]

·
Registered
778 Posts
Originally posted by scootergmc

Yeah, I'll be shocked if you even get $8000 for it. Strip the aftermarket and sell it separate. I PROMISE you you'll get more money that way. You'll have to cut your loss on the bike. Sucks. [B)]
I agree, the worst thing to do is buy a Brand New bike and sell it that same year. You end up losing money. What sucks is 2003's are going for $7400 (out-the-door) in NYC (other states even cheaper) But meanwhile you can't find an R6 in any dealer. Kawaski makes good bikes, they just blow when it comes to resale. These bikes are long term bikes. If you need to sell you have to sell it for what people will pay.

$8500 is $1100 more that what you can get if for with 0 miles and a full 1 year warranty. Forget about the Money you put into it (parts and aftermarket) you'll never recover it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.