Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some Drystars by AlpineStars. They don't keep out the bad cold though, say below 30 degrees. I have to wear another pair of gloves underneath them. Should I invest in heated hand grips, or are there better gloves out there?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bingo! Exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want to buy a new set of gloves or bother hooking up heated handgrips, and for $29.95 you can't go wrong. How sweet it is

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Are you sure those things do what they say? I've bought bootleg versions of those and the SUCK!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check out N2's waterproof kangaroo leather gloves. All the protection with the carbon fiber knuckles, completely waterproof, and the leather is thin enough that you can ride mostly unimpaired. Its not as tactile as my summer gloves, but still for the amount of warmth its amazing. You can find em at www.motoliberty.com

·
Registered
166 Posts
silk inserts under my gloves has been working well. The lastest test shows that the Harley Davidson cold weather gloves are the best at $80.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got the kangeroo's too, and they are real good, as long as the weather is warm, amazing grip and feel, etc. But for this weather, and in Toronto it hit -6C and I rode for 1.5 hours with me Arlen Ness's, and I have to admit when I got back, my hands were still warm. I got them for 75$ Canadian at Snowcity. They do real good for the colder riding.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I bought these puppies for the cold/wet, and they're ok for that. Much better than my regualr leather ones. I wouldn't wear then on the track or anything, but they're ok for their intended use.

You might wanna cheak out some of the racing type snowmobike gloves too. The inner liner gloove sounds good too, but I'd likely have to get another pair of bigger outer gloves to fit em in.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
i like touse my summer gloves with polar inserts in the winter.,they keep the hands toastie and you still have the feel of the clutch and brake.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Originally posted by Grunt_99
What are you using for polar inserts? If your gloves already fit pretty tight would they fit underneath?

Tactel inserts made buy DuPont ( it may be a European thing) the Kaw dealer hook me up with them.

www.tucanourbano.com

that is the web site on the hood can he gave me it may be the same place if not I will get it from him and post it for you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.