Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
what are you looking to know?

honestly, for me; i just move my butt off the seat (before you start braking), point with my elbow in the direction i'm turning (it helps move my upper body over) and look for my turn in point and turn in (the process of what i do, i really can't tell you because i just do it)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
it's easier to just do it than to think about what you have to do and then execute those steps. if you're talking about your line through the corner then what you want to do is:
on the approach to the corner get on the outside,
then turn to the apex of the corner,
then swing to the outside again on the exit of the corner.

my 2 cents; you probably knew all that anyway. lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
countersteer

i was reading Keith Code's Race School site and i am convinced that leaning and shifting your body weight is secondary to actually pushing on the handlebars, he made a "NO BS" bike that has a pair of handle bars that are welded straight, and he has a vid of guys tryin to turn the bike by leaning, w/ little avail

i'd like to know if you guys push and pull or just push, i was riding today and i experimented with just pushing and pushing and pulling, and i concluded you can turn alot harder if you push and pull (push handle bar in direction you want to go and pull the opposite handlebar)

just curious

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.