Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWEET[:p] I own a 99 Lime Green. The reason i bought it is because it stands out better than the red or black, but I think i like the way yours looks best of all. Yellow seems to be pretty rare as far as ninjas go.

The Dman

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Gave her the 'ol shine job today, and had a great morning of riding. I fon't have the highest quality camera so these will have to do for now. You can see how I cut the fender added the flushmounts and the hugger in these. Feel free to tell me what you think :D:

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Thanks guys! For the fender I used a dremel with the circular grinder attachment and just cut along the line where the trunk and the fender meet (if you look at it you can see the point where the plastic meets up). As for the frame sliders, I'm not sure what brand they are. I bought them at cycle gear. They were the only ZX6 sliders on the rack.

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
695 Posts
When I did mine...I used a f*cking hand saw and it was a pain in the ass. But in the end with all my persistance, it looked good. But it probably took Ken an eighth of the time it took me.

Looks great man. You and I have a VERY similar looking bike. We have different flush mounts and we have different exhausts, but other than that, I feel like I'm looking at my bike when I look at yours.

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've heard somewhere on these forums that the frame sliders are kind of a waste of money. I'm not knocking it, because if I didn't hear that somewhere I would have gotten some frame sliders myself. Something about the left side...in order for the frame slider to be effective you have to drill it into another part of the frame. If not if you get into a wreck...the frame slider will just snap off and not protect your bike at all.

Anyone have the details on that? Still a kick ass bike though man!!

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
695 Posts
One more thing...where did you get your chain/tire hugger thing? What did you pay for it?

Thanks!

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
The frame slider type he (and I) have just use the fairing mounting bolts, which are pretty small.
They will snap in anything other then a drop or maybe low speed lowside..

IF you want real proteciton you have to drill a hole in the FAIRINGS, not frame :) You get ones that attatch to the engine mounting bolts, which are much stronger.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm aware of that just wanted to know what brand they were. I would only get them for tip over protection anyway I think. Even the good ones can do more damage than good depending on the type of crash from what I've seen (but not always), like at the track when they slide off into the grass and dig in. I'll probably get the ones from RIPP racing myself. But the $$$ Euro ones (RG Racing or Rhencullen) are the way to go if you want any chance at frame protection.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
CdnNinja is right, they do snap off in more than low speed slides. The hugger was bought from Kenneth Fletcher from this very board. I haven't seen him around lately, but I highly recommend doing business with him. Sent the item quick and it's got a great color match to it. I'm not even sure what kind it is but I think it looks seriously sweet. Thanks for all the great feedback!

Ken - Yellow '02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.