Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home today from work Im in traffic on 101 and a Big Rig merges infront of me. No problem but I noticed that it was a flat bed and it had this huge ass peice of construction equipment. Just as I was merging left to over take the truck hits a bump and I see this huge freaking rock or dirt clod bounce off the back and hit the ground an then bounced back up right into my right shin. (ouch)

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
At least it didn't hit your head.

--David

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by dwillits
At least it didn't hit your head.

--David
Hmm never thought of that. A little ouch or another 400 bucks hmmmmm:D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by bazdrum
Ouch. What kind of gear were you wearing?
I was wearing levis. I dont usually wear leather bottoms unless im going to the track or a long fun ride

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm always leary when following trucks - especially pickup trucks cause all kinds of shit comes flying out of the beds of people's trucks! I've seen lawn chairs, plastic bags/tarps, chunks of wood/stone, tires, and other assorted crap that you don't want hittting you at 80mph.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by zeuseason
I'm always leary when following trucks - especially pickup trucks cause all kinds of shit comes flying out of the beds of people's trucks! I've seen lawn chairs, plastic bags/tarps, chunks of wood/stone, tires, and other assorted crap that you don't want hittting you at 80mph.
for real. I dont know if it's just florida, but it seems like everyone that drives a truck is a retard and never heard of strapping anything down.

I live by a lot of 'undeveloped' land, and it's the worst when you get a fleet of dumptrucks in front of you and they all have 30 tons of dirt in the hauler. Sand fucking STINGS when it's hitting you @ 80mph.

or when said dumptrucks are in oncoming traffic and you get sandblasted with sand hitting you @ 120mph....ouch...i hope you got your visor down. [8]

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here in Michigan truckers are responsible for anything that falls of their trucks and can be made to pay for any damage incurred. They are suppose to wash down any equipment to prevent dirt from falling off. Cops will follow low boys & dump trucks to see if anything falls out & give tickets if it does. Get the license plate number and call it in. They owe you $$$.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident.

A couple years ago I was driving down the highway (luckily in my car) when a damn queen size mattress comes unstrapped from the truck in front of me. That was quite a trip...at least it was soft, but on a bike I would've been taking a long nap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.