Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone else would be into this. Like say start in Cali. ride across the states, everyone joining in as the crew came into your area and we end in say Florida or something.
How cool would that be to have a couple hundred sportbikers riding into townb[8D]. Woo Hoo:D
Probebly just wishfull thinking, but I thought it would be cool. A fun way to meet everyone in person too.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
To be honest I would be up for something like this if it was planned well in advance and I could get off work.

It would a be great feat for us sportbike riders...something to prove how dedicated we are...

not just a bunch of wild hooligan kids....

------

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am in Georgia; I can probably make it to Florida (Jacksonville, not Miami). Much further then that me and my wrists are out! Good idea though [8D]

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm in! I'll have to start conditioning my arse by provoking horses into kicking it for hours a day, in order to survive that ride. But I'm up for the challenge, regardless. Who's gonna spearhead this trek? [?]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
what about your back? god, the only thing that hurts after a 3 or 500 mile day is my back. my ass is ok as long as i take breaks every hour or two. but you should plan that ride around the locations of good chriopractors:D

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I'd love to do it too, but like Andy said, it would have to be planned well in advance to allow me to get that kinda time off from work.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider

what about your back? god, the only thing that hurts after a 3 or 500 mile day is my back. my ass is ok as long as i take breaks every hour or two. but you should plan that ride around the locations of good chriopractors:D
Or some good looking girls (& hot guys for you ladies) giving massages at every stop. Not just the back but what about your wrists. From LA to NY it is 2500 miles or something like that. Now that is a lot of riding.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I guess I shoud slap on some Michelin Macadams for that sort of gamut.

I did a ride from north of Detroit Michigan to Luke AFB Arizona two years ago on the big GSX-R Thou, twenty-nine hours.

Things learned:

A). Remember to wear earplugs if you attempt 180 for thirty miles across the great nothingness that is known a Oklahoma.

B). Fuel goes quick when attempting A.

C). Even Macadams shred up when abused in such a manner.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree that good planning is a must. I don't live too far from Florida so it wouldn't be too bad for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would be down for a good ride like that with a crew of zx6r's. The longest ive ridden was for 3 1/2 hours.. It was fun and i wasnt sore at all, as soon as i got to the beach i was ready for more!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.