Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
That sucks ass. But Todd I disagree, I usually ride in the center lane, because if something happens from either direction, it seems like you can go opposite. If you're in the inside or outside lane, there's not much space you can manuever to. A little towards the shoulder or median. But if you go too far either way, you're screwed! I guess if you're in either of those lanes though, you can always grab the little extra you have and goose it?

Shit....where's the safest lane to ride?

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
i like to ride in the fast lane, in the right wheel position. I'm the most visible, and i can only get hit on three sides. i have the should as an escape route as well.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
25,874 Posts
well first time seeing this. I'm not quite sure why the cage was braking so hard to cause it to slide like that. Though its not her fault, she did make the wrong decision. My guess is she froze, tried braking and yeah, well ya'll saw. That's cage instinct working. Her helmet cam shows that she was looking at the gap that was closing between the sliding car and the silver car to her right.
When I saw that car start to slide right, I instantly looked at the lane he was coming from. Aim where he's at cause he won't be there when you get there. But like I said, cage instinct.
Good to see all the good samaritans stopping to help her.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by Monstermack
well first time seeing this. I'm not quite sure why the cage was braking so hard to cause it to slide like that. Though its not her fault, she did make the wrong decision. My guess is she froze, tried braking and yeah, well ya'll saw. That's cage instinct working. Her helmet cam shows that she was looking at the gap that was closing between the sliding car and the silver car to her right.
When I saw that car start to slide right, I instantly looked at the lane he was coming from. Aim where he's at cause he won't be there when you get there. But like I said, cage instinct.
Good to see all the good samaritans stopping to help her.
I think she made as good of a decision as she could. When he first started spinning, he was to her left, so she went to the right and aimed for the whole there. She had no way of knowing his car would come across all 3 lanes like that. The whole time from the point his tires start smoking to impact was less then 2 seconds I believe, since the average person takes 1.5 seconds to realize somethings happening, and respond, not too bad.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
25,874 Posts
well, I watched it over and over again, especially the slow motion portion. I'm gonna stick by my statement, but did notice a few more things. One, I don't see any brake lights on the car, could be glare could be bad video, but I don't see any. I count almost 4 seconds but still happens very fast. She made an admirable attempt, I give her that and hopefully she's okay. And extra kudos to her for wearing good gear. Can't tell if is a one piece or two piece, but she's definitely wearing a race suit of some sort.

Had something similar happen last year, dude pulled a left turn from two lanes over. And then got loud with me when I caught up to him a few blocks later and kicked and dented his precious BMW.

Google needs to add a comment section to their videos so people can discuss it, and maybe the person that posted can give some details.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree, she did have nice titties. The more I watch it the more I realize had she known, she could of ducked behind that accord. But you dont know when sh*t like that is gonna happen.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Originally posted by Monstermack
well, I watched it over and over again, especially the slow motion portion. I'm gonna stick by my statement, but did notice a few more things. One, I don't see any brake lights on the car, could be glare could be bad video, but I don't see any. I count almost 4 seconds but still happens very fast. She made an admirable attempt, I give her that and hopefully she's okay. And extra kudos to her for wearing good gear. Can't tell if is a one piece or two piece, but she's definitely wearing a race suit of some sort.

Had something similar happen last year, dude pulled a left turn from two lanes over. And then got loud with me when I caught up to him a few blocks later and kicked and dented his precious BMW.

Google needs to add a comment section to their videos so people can discuss it, and maybe the person that posted can give some details.
If you search on here there is the original thread and in it is a link to a forum that the girl post the video on originally. Appearantly she is alright, good thing she was wearing her gear.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just wondering why she is using the helmet cam in heavy traffic? Maybe she was testing it out or something but it seems like you would want to use your helmet cam on the twisties or some open road.

Maybe she was in cahoots with the guy who ran into her to get it on tape so she would be a motorcycle forum superstar![:p]

Kidding about that[:M4]

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
wow, that sucks for her! Good thing she was wearing gear. She should have a hard time in court w/ that vid if she decedes to take some legal action.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.