Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 636 with v-stacks, k&n, muzzy slip-on, pcIII, and ignition module and am running a dynojet free online map (the muzzy slip on one) and when ever i am starting off from idle rpm and riding out to 8k rpms the bike bogs like crazy or whenever i give the throttle a nice twist it bogs at any speed. it wont even pick up the front when i am in 1st going about 15- 20 at 6k and wot it just bogs. SO my question is do you think a custom map will fix this problem? or could it be more serious (don't get me wrong the bike will pull but only after it bogs for a little while.)

Second question, If i get a custom map on stock gearing and decide to change my gearing later on like -1/+2 (and a speedo healer) will i need new map?

Third question, If i remove my secondary Butterfly Valves (and its servo motor) will it effect riding and if so should i do it before i get a custom map or does it not matter?

Fourth and final (for now lol), If i change my oil now (to amsoil) and ride it for about a week or two then Put the bike away in the garage for winter storage (and let the bike run for a little while once or twice a month during non riding season) will the oil go bad or weaken for next years riding season?

Thank you for reading and any advice or info this great form can give me is greatly appreciated. any question let me know thanks!!!! ;)

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
alot of them maps u download off there website is real rich in some areas, also how many miles do u have on the bike, maybe its time for the spark plugs to be changed, also if u change the gearing u want have to get it retune, gearing doesnt have anything to do with the A/F mixture of a bike just changes the bike acceleration and mph, also if u take out your sec flies u need to do that before u get the bike tune so u can adjust for the added air and u will be fine if u change the oil & filter now and start the bike up, i only noticed oil going weak when u dont let the motor run and the oil just sits down the oil pan over a long period of time, but i would change it again when next rideing season comes around tho

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you 768-Ryda i gave you some rep for your info, the bike has 10k miles so do you guys think a new map will solve the bogging problem? and are there any disadvantages for removing the secondary values. thanks

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Thank you 768-Ryda i gave you some rep for your info, the bike has 10k miles so do you guys think a new map will solve the bogging problem? and are there any disadvantages for removing the secondary values. thanks
the secondary flies is there to smooth out the idle but when u take them out u will see a slight difference but at wot u def tell a difference vs when they were in

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the secondary flies is there to smooth out the idle but when u take them out u will see a slight difference but at wot u def tell a difference vs when they were in
Good difference or bad at wot? thanks.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
When i was running a pc3, I used the fuel accell program to get rid of the lag spot when rolling on the throttle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts