Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, after riding the bike, I noticed a smell like burning brakes or clutch smell. I was running kinda late to see my coworkers off to Irag, so I forgot about it and went about my business. Well, after riding the bike back home, I kinda smelled it again. I immediately checked the brakes and the front was not hot at all, but the back was very hot. After it cooled I put it on the stand and everything seemed fine. There was only about a 1mm gap between the pads and the rotor, but the wheel would spin. Well, today I took the bike for a ride and it just seems like it is bogging, like something holding it back. The bike rolls fine and everything, just trying to figure out whether the back brake is causing too much friction, or if the engine is just bogging down for some other reason. The rear wheel still spins, but does have a little resistance. The bike only has about 1300 miles and is still under warranty, but I don't want to have to take it in unless it is a last resort. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Keith

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.