Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to take a ride last night and I couldn't get it shift any higher than third gear. Fearing a huge problem, I filled up at the gas station and returned home in third gear. I noticed my left foot peg was loose and when I moved the shift linkage the peg would turn with it. [:M74]. I went to the tool chest and found my allen wrench set and removed the rear set. I removed the bolt om the backside of the peg and pulled the peg from the shifter. There are two plastic washers that evidenty keep grease inside where the peg shaft passes through the shifter. Mine was bone dry. I cleaned and lubed the shaft, replaced the plastic washers and put some loctite on the peg bolt. Got everything back together and it worked like a charm. I forgot how crisp the shift was supposed to be. Guess over time I didn't notice the sloppiness in the linkage. She feels like a new bike again! :D I wonder how much a stealership would've charged to do the fix? :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
nice work, most people would take it directly to the dealer instead of investigating it themselves. I bet they would have charged your 40 or 50 to do that. I am not sure, never had work done by anyone but me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.