Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day and night everyone, I have a Kawi 1988 ZX1000. I have recently cleaned my carbs and changed my air filter. But the moto still got this weird shit happening to it. When I get the bike hot and nice to run and I hit the high way or ride above 30 km/hour and then let go the gas and hit the clutch, the revs come down, get stuck at 2k for a half a second and fall to 0 - the bike dies. I have to time it, open the throttle a tiny bit to keep it up and if I do it in time then the bike idles fine. Else the same happens but the revs fall to like almoste 0 and then pick up again slowly and come back to 1.5k(idle). Now if I Idle in neutral and hit the throttle, the revs go up and come back down and idle fine, this happens when I ride and transmission is engaged ( unless I do same thing but instead of clutch I go neutral ) but it has nothing to do with transmission, it seems that there's a vacuum leak or an improper carb cleaning, it's just that I cannot tell where and or how to clean it, I cleaned my carbs well and toughrouly... and this was happening before cleaning as well. Please shed some light if you have source of it, thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts