Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a friend with EX250. I will not go into why, but I will say that he left it outside in the rain for like 3 weeks and now it does not start.
I think it maybe dead battery, in any case, I will go over there tomorrow, kick his ass, and check out the bike.
My question is can I jump start it from my car's battery? Or should we try to roll it and start that way.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
try jump start it and if that don't work roll start it. the rain might've gotten to the electrics maybe...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If you jump start it from a car do it with the car not running. If you jump it with the car running it can fry the electrics.

The EX250 can be finicky to start. The air intake is located under the seat, two hole behind the tank. A quick shot of starting fluid will speed things up on a bike that has been sitting.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i dont know why the ex250 are such hard bikes to start sometimes...I think they are extremely cold blooded or something...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It ran like a lawnmower for good 10 min. Bike would not idle and dies when I gave it more throttle. Pain in the ass! I love my 6R [8D]

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
something in the carbs..if it's doing that when u give it throttle then i'd say gummy stuff in carbs

·
Registered
126 Posts
Try changing the plugs, mine fouled or shorted out after washing the bike, water gets around the plugs really easy on those models

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.