Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Does it feel like you are hitting a wall when you reach 11,500 rpms or are you running out of road?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no, I definitnly had plenty of road. I went to a long long strech because so I could test and see what was going on. On this road you could go 200mph and hold it for a good minute.
When i hit 11,500, and I give more gas the bike powers down and drops to 11,000, I can't give it full throttle, just a stlight twist, but what makes thing weird is that when I remove my muffler, the bike runs fine, it can hit 155-160.
I bought this bike used from a deal, and it came with a stock muffler, could it be possible that the bike had am aftermarket exhaust beforehand, and the bike got customized to that pipe?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
could be....might want to dyno it and see if it has a flat spot or drop off at the top end...might be from jetting for a different pipe

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
My '95 ZX-6R wouldn't pull past about 12,000rpm in 6th gear with the standard exhaust on. I put a full Muzzy system on and "POW!" straight to redline in 6th. You could also drop the gearing a bit, that will do it too.

It's just down to the gearing and power curve as the bike leaves the factory, the standard mufflers are too restrictive at the top end of the rev range for the standard gearing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.