Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, make sure you have fuel. Then, spray a little starting fluid into the air intake on the front of the bike. If you are getting fire the bike will start right up. It might take a couple of goes to get fuel into the carbs.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
6 months of inactivity will certainly "gunk" up the carbs.
The fuel in the tank and in the carbs breaks down over time, leaving this "gunk"

Replace all the fuel for sure, and get the carbs cleaned.$300 is too much for a carb cleaning.. I paid less then that Canadian...

If you need to store the bike again, put fuel stabilizer in the tank, and drain the carbs, makes a world of difference.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having trouble getting my '95 going after about 6 months of just sitting in the garage. (I moved and couldn't bring it along with me right away) The bike was sitting in Phoenix, during the summer if that creates more of a picture of my problems. Anyway, I got a new battery, replaced a couple of split fuel lines, and tried to crank it. It'll turn over with no problems, but it just won't fire. Plugs are fine... I spoke to a shop here in San Diego, and they told me that most likely my carbs are "gunked" up, and that I need to have them rebuilt/cleaned. Before I drop $300.00 on having my carbs cleaned, anyone have any other suggestions? How difficult are the carbs to do myself? Thanks for the help! -Ty

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. Though I was asked for $150 and 350 to go through everything. When I had this problem before I just started it up and let it run for a longtime. Eventually it worked. I wish I could just wash out the carb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.