Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I'd say also thats its about $1000 too much...

tell them you don't want the extra stuff just the bike...
good luck, BE PATIENT, look around...
what other "good" deals...

pull the chain on the back sprocket see how much its stretched, the condition of the chain can say a lot about the care and maintenance of the bike
check the brake pads...
check the engine casings very close for any leaks, scratches

work him down

·
Registered
590 Posts
I sold my 2008 zx6r to a friend for $4000 a couple years ago.
My opinion? I wouldn't buy a 6 again.
Depends on if you'll use it for commuting or just riding.
Good track bike but I hated having to get the rpm's up high to get into the power

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I sold my 2008 zx6r to a friend for $4000 a couple years ago.
My opinion? I wouldn't buy a 6 again.
Depends on if you'll use it for commuting or just riding.
Good track bike but I hated having to get the rpm's up high to get into the power
You also sold a non 636. The extra 36cc may not sound like a lot but they way it was tuned, it was a very very streetable 600.

If you really want to have to rev to the moon, try riding an 08 R6. Absolutely nothing (as in a Prius outruns you) until 6K, then you're even with the Prius until 10K, then it tries to pull your arms out of socket until redline.

·
Registered
590 Posts
You also sold a non 636. The extra 36cc may not sound like a lot but they way it was tuned, it was a very very streetable 600.

If you really want to have to rev to the moon, try riding an 08 R6. Absolutely nothing (as in a Prius outruns you) until 6K, then you're even with the Prius until 10K, then it tries to pull your arms out of socket until redline.
I saw the zx6r, my bad. I never rode a 636 so I can't argue with you there.
Same answer though, if I have to wait till 10k rpm to pass a prius, I'll get a different bike.
I will argue about trying to pull your arms out of your socket though.
My 14 does that in 6th gear with no downshifting or waiting for power.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm simply saying that the R6 has an extremely peaky powerband. More so than any other bike I've ever ridden. I've ridden the 14, I've ridden Busas, I've ridden first and second gen VMaxs, I've ridden turbo Busas, turbo 954s, etc., trust me when I say I know what real power feels like. Wrenching on bikes for a living has its perks. But the R6 of that generation is by far the most absolutely nothing to holy shit powerband I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
The single cylinder 2 stroke dirt bikes in the 1970s had a very narrow powerband, with very little power at lower rpm.

From an article comparing a 2012 250cc 2-stroke and a 250cc four-stroke dirt bike:

“All three test riders did their fastest laps on the 2012 KTM 250SX two-stroke. There were sections on every racetrack where an extra 14 horsepower could knock milliseconds off short straights and steep hills.

That said, the slowest laps of all three test riders were also clocked on the two-stroke. Why?

The two-stroke demands the rider’s attention. It was easy to get that 50-horsepower fire breather to spin its rear tire, get sideways or wheelie at inopportune moments. Every test rider knew which lap was his slow one, because he typically scared himself enough to burn it into his memory.”

-
Motocross Action Magazine | TWO-STROKE VERSUS FOUR-STROKE: 2012 KTM 250SXF VS 2012 KTM 250SX
-

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I was commenting on the peaky horsepower for the R6, for the peakiest bikes I have ever rode.

Clearly, some brains work differently- I confuse them and they confuse me.

The R6 and a 2-stroke are far from the 2005 636 at the beginning of the thread.

-
-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts