Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyways a big problem happened, i look at my bike the other day where the frame had been welded there is a couple hairline cracks. i dont know what to do :( peace[V][V][V]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
time for a new bike....

actually are the cacks the whole way through or aren't you sure? Is it a new bike of did you buy it used?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"serious trick bike"

that's why I"m asking him if he bought it used, I'm thinking the same thing...

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Cant those be spot welded?

How old is your bike?

-Flash

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 95', the buddy of mine who owns a shop told me that whoever welded it the first time didnt really know what he was doing, something about how too much heat on the frame weakens it. Should i jus tpart it out or sell the bia? THanks [xx(]

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i dont know that many people who have 95 zx6r's. try and fix it, or just buy a nw frame. you probaly wont get much out of parting it out,

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
if you plan on buying a new bike, you might get alittle trade in for it... depends...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had two 2000 ZX6R's and used to do all sorts of tricks with them(and a few trick related wrecks)...then the hairline cracks showed up, basically the stress on the frame from wheelies did it.....but I'd imagine that is the same situation with your bike

·
Registered
165 Posts
Matt, aka BTB Whellie Pimp, has a 2000 6R the he just thrashed and stunted on so hard that cracks formed on the frame. When I met him last Sept. he showed it to me and said to never, ever stunt on a new bike. Since then he's had it welded up fine. Believe me, that guy abused his bike, simply dumping it on the side to "park" it. Cracks on the frame don't seem to be the end of the bike unless it's serious enough to screw up your handling. Have a mechanic/welder check it out first if you are willing to save it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I bought my 95 a few monthes back the previous owner said that cracks started to apear in the frame so he contacted Kawasaki and they replaced it free of charge so if I were you I'd try hitting them up for a new one.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
hey Matt,
sorry about the bad news but if you do want to sell your bike or parts i might need front forks or triple clamps. my bike is a 96 so the forks should fit. u can e-mail me if u want, or i will e-mail u. i'm gonna look for some parts close to where i live first though, see what's cheaper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.