Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 99 zx9r has what I would describe as bucking & kicking effect when I go past 40mph. The bike runs fine on idle & when I take off from 0 & accelerate through the gears its not that noticeable. However when I slow down to cruising speed it starts bucking lightly or kinda feels like someone is holding it back. I took it to a shop described my problem & they said the carb probably needed to be rebuilt. But when I picked it up they said it didnt need a rebuild all they did was put it in a sonic cleaner & sync'd it. But when I drove it nothing change & I didnt take it back because I wasnt about to spend more $$ on it when they couldnt fix the problem in the first place. I've looked on here & found a thread of someone having a similar problem & it was suggested that the ram air might not be connected right. So I checked mine & everything looked fine. Ive also replaced air & fuel filter, & spark plugs

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sounds like a kink in the chain to me, put it on a the stand and rotate the rear wheel while looking at the chain. During the rotation see if the chain goes tight, if so that your issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts