Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i have no idea why this isnt starting. i just did an oil change and i painted the frame and took the electronics out of the tail and labeled them and put them all back exactly how they go. i checked the fuses and they seemed to be good. any ideas?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Check the main fuse on the starter relay. It's not located with the other ones so you may have missed it.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
how far apart did you take the bike?

battery terminals tight?

terminals on starter solenoid tight?

terminal on starter tight?

how long was it apart before you put it back together?

state of battery?

usually when the starter solenoid clicks only once it's the starter itself or the battery is as flat as flat gets.
Check the main fuse on the starter relay. It's not located with the other ones so you may have missed it.
if the main fuse was blown he wouldn't have any power at all. no gauges, no fuel pump, no lights, nothing

·
Registered
160 Posts
how far apart did you take the bike?

battery terminals tight?

terminals on starter solenoid tight?

terminal on starter tight?

how long was it apart before you put it back together?

state of battery?

usually when the starter solenoid clicks only once it's the starter itself or the battery is as flat as flat gets.

if the main fuse was blown he wouldn't have any power at all. no gauges, no fuel pump, no lights, nothing

:cheers: Apparently I can't read now, or that first sip of beer I just had for the Phillies game inhibited my reading ablitily. But yeah, he should ignore my post then.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
:cheers: Apparently I can't read now, or that first sip of beer I just had for the Phillies game inhibited my reading ablitily. But yeah, he should ignore my post then.
just looking at the screen cap of the video i know that wasn't it...

oh, and i'm not sure any phillies or eagles fans can read.

·
Registered
160 Posts
just looking at the screen cap of the video i know that wasn't it...

oh, and i'm not sure any phillies or eagles fans can read.
I like the Flyers too. Go Philly sports teams!

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Blown main fuses before a track day make me a sad panda. Being able to steal replacement fuses from my GF's Accord make me happy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
This may sound to simple, but I had my bike apart for about a month and once I got her back together I put the ground for the negative terminal on the positive side. stumped me for a few days...Just might work for you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts