Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully someone here can pinpoint it...

the two tubes on the left/bottom of the bike are leaking...a dark thick almost grease-like substance, definately not oil

was my understanding that the oil is 100% sealed, no clue what it might be

no wheelies so i dunno, any ideas? ill try to get pics tomorrow

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Originally posted by kawirider86
[:****]
[:M74]

Can't help you psd, sorry.

·
Registered
857 Posts
there should be 3 tubes there, one with a bottle on the end, one tube is for water/oil in the air box and yes oil can come up there doing wheelies and such....another is coolent overflow which will piss out ocne your overflow box gets fileld possibly dfrom doing burnouts and such...and the other i think is water in the gas cap if i remember right...or maybe it's air pressure to the tank somthing liek tat i knw it goes to the gas tank...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not the coolant tube...oil in the airbox could be a possibility i guess but its really thick almost gummy

also....dont do wheelies lol

·
Registered
857 Posts
well prop up the tank and follow the tube up and see where it goes...maybe its not leaking from there maybe grease flung up onto the tube and is just on the bottom of it...cosue grease should not come from any tube...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is the stuff coming out of the tubes or is it just on the tip and sides of the tube? Sometimes the chain lube/wax splatters onto the tubes.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Originally posted by hszeto
Is the stuff coming out of the tubes or is it just on the tip and sides of the tube? Sometimes the chain lube/wax splatters onto the tubes.
thats what I thought it was.. he doesnt have his bottom fairing on so they're kinda just hangin.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its definately coming out the tube...frustrating, think im just gonna take it back to dealer tomorrow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.