Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Ive been racing a zx6r p8f this year and finally got round to be able to afford a full system and pipercross filter. I've also removed the 2nd butterflys as per the racing manual. *Just got news this morning that on the first run on the dyno the bike was only putting out 101bhp.
Apparently the bike starts to drop off power at 12k which I knew was happening and felt even worse when the stock pipes were on the thing.

Ive been looking around and the only thing I can find is it could be a US spec bike and the jumper mod is needed.
I cant contact the bike shop I bought it from as they are now closed can anyone tell me if they've seen anything like this.

I wouldnt expect the jumper mod to cut in at 12k so a bit baffled and frustrated with the thing at the moment.

No fi errors. I know others had the same problem and after hanging the loom, cdi and throttle bodies it was fixed and went to 118bhp another friend has had 118bhp from stock decat downpipes with akro can and bmc filter.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
You realize that bhp is measured at the crank right?

You've likely got 101 rwhp, which isn't bad for that bike.

·
Registered
99 Posts
With the jumper mod but otherwise stock, that bike is suppose to give out 104 rwhp. There is something wrong with your bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts