Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a nutshell, the bike ran great for the first 600 miles. Had it serviced at dealer and ride home was uneventful- 40 miles. On way home from work, bike had a hiccup in the power while running 60 mph but did not die. When I pulled clutch to slow at next turn the motor cut off and was hard to start. Got it started and home. Trucked it back to dealer and they said there is nothing wrong with bike. No problems on a weekend ride. On way home from work the other day the bike died twice on approach to stop signs in the middle of the ride, always right when I pull in the clutch and roll off the throttle to start to slow. It acted fine at all the other stops. WTF?
The only thing I mentioned at the first service was they might check the choke adjustment, as the choke seemed to completely shut off after pushing it halfway closed. It is actually worse now, the bike will rev to 4K after running only seconds on full choke and again after closing the choke enough to get the revs back to 2500 or so.
The idle also seemed rough, more like a v-twin, and low. I adjusted it to about 1300 or so.
Bad gas or trash in the fuel? Plugs fouled? Any thoughts?
Thanks for any suggestions you can make and I apologize for the length of this post.

Maddman

·
Registered
178 Posts
Only thing I can think of is a throttle body sync. Try turning up the idle more just to help with troubleshooting. See if it repeats after that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, what is this 'I ride a pink scooter' stuff?:)
I adjusted the idle before my last ride home when it died twice. It also died at the first stop this AM, none after that.
It seems to me that it is some fuel issue- carbs out of adjustment or sync, ... something like that. It is frustrating.
Thanks for your reply.

Maddman

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maddman, I think you are heading in the right direction. If you have the know how, sync your cabs yourself. Unfortunetly I have no friggin idea how to do this, but try a search on 'carb sync' here in the forum and you might be lucky to find detailed instructions. Otherwise just do another post, the guys here are fantastic and will give you heaps of help.
If you don't have the confidence to do this yourself keep ringing the dealer or taking your bike there, try a different approach, don't get nasty 'cause they just might screw your bike up more.
Or if you can afford it, take it else where and get them to fix it. You don't need to take it back to the dealer you bought it off for services.

good luck, let us know how you go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.