Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just purchased a black 250r last week and haven't even had the fairings off yet to look at the frame, but as far as I could see I think it would be difficult to lift this bike on a jack. Anyone have any input or ever done something like this?

Reason I ask is because I want to store the bike off the ground for winter. Up here in Canada it can get harsh and the bike will be outside. Not to mention it makes it a lot nicer to work on.

I was a little worried about having pressure on the exhaust..etc :confused:

Was looking at something like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to ask...
Does anyone have a good underside picture of the bike with the lower cowling off?
Trying to get an idea of where I could put the weight when lifting.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I love your avatar.

Sorry, nothing else to add.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or front/rear stands. for long term, id go with stands.
Well I was interested in this because I can get it for around $50 through my brothers business. Plus it has loops for tie downs to keep it solid to roll it around on the jack.

My only issue was getting it to work without damage to the bike:confused:
As far as I can see, the exhaust hangs lower than the frame which would make it difficult to use.... but I could be wrong, which is why I am here:p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be concerned with stability using the jack.

Like nevada, I would recommend a set of front and rear stands.... might cost you x2 of the jack, but at least you won't have to worry about your bike tipping over.
Are those sturdy/safe for storage?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just was looking at my bike and noticed there is swingarm spools installed:cool: ... hmmmmmm. Don't think those come stock do they?

I was only concerned about the stability of paddock stands, how easy the can be pushed back up..etc.
Especially the front ones. I have never seen one of these in use myself.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Stands are the way to go for storage. There's way too much junk down there and the possibility of damaging the lower fairing to jack it. Since you already have spools, you're halfway there anyway. Pick up a set of T-Rex stands for a little over $100 on eBay and you're set for winter storage and any type of maintenence you'd care to perform on the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, thanks everyone:D .... going to search out some stands!
Actually just got back from Canadian tire and saw a set for $99 but after doing some research online they are apparently not the best buy as they don't fit the front end well at all, even requires grinding..etc... no thanks!

No point in cheaping out on the stands for a fairly new bike!

And yep, I purchased this used which explains the spools.:cool:

·
Registered
626 Posts
i got GPI Industries stands. 130 bucks and they are solid and sturdy. as kkim said, getting the bike up on the rear stand is a cinch...after doing it one time it feels like im an old pro at it. front stand (mine isnt a triple-clamp design btw) is just as easy.

you can still take your wheels off (for tire changes) and all fairings, etc. while on stands. might even be easier with stands as well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts