Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well im having trouble with my bike (03 ZX-6R)....heres the problem....when my bike is cold it runs fine but as soon as it heats up over 190 it acts like its not getting enough gas or something...when i try to leave off first it seems like its gargling/stuttering and wants to stall i gotta give it more gas then usual and kinda jumps the bike until i get to high rpms...like the trans is slipping or gas is going off and then on....also i feel a difference in the throttle when cold and hot....i gave it a full tune up (ex.spark plugs, oil, air filter) and adjusted the idle and still does it when its hot....dont know if its my fuel injectors or what but why any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Doesn't look like injectors if your fuel delivery is fine when cold. They either get clogged, or they don't, regardless of temperature... Sorry I'm not much help here...

·
Registered
261 Posts
when was your last valve adj.? if your bike has about 16k then its time. take it to a shop its pretty much impossible to do yourself unless you have a complete toolset and a vast knowladge of the valvetrain

·
Registered
277 Posts
Maybe you already did all this but:
Go throught the wiring harness and look for bad stuff.
unsnap/snap the connectors and check them for bad pins and whatnot.
If you have a power commander unhook it and see if it runs.
Mine did similar stuff and it was the ecu (CDI) getting hot and the internal ( cant take em apart) connections seperating from the heat.
Good Luck man

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found out what was wrong.....took my bike to kawasaki and i need a new throttle control system and i had bad sensors i think thats what they said...oh well i got a warranty so its free for the fixing they said if i didnt have a warranty it would of been about $1,000 to fix so thank god for that one....well just thought i'd share with ya'll in case somebody else is having the same problem.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Beware. I personaly have zero confidence in any shop these days. Alot of them will just throw parts at it untill the problem "goes away". Not nessesarily fixing it. Hope it works out for you though. Subthrottle sensor? And just a note. I have seen full EFI systems for these bikes on ebay all the time for under 2 bills. If the warranty thing isnt there someday. Ebay is the bomb with these bikes and sourcing OEM parts for em.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My guess is a bad throttle position sensor or bad secondary butterfly motor/sensor. Have you messed with any of the throttle body stuff lately or added a PCIII to the bike?

G

·
Originally posted by D-Roc
Found out what was wrong.....took my bike to kawasaki and i need a new throttle control system and i had bad sensors i think thats what they said...oh well i got a warranty so its free for the fixing they said if i didnt have a warranty it would of been about $1,000 to fix so thank god for that one....well just thought i'd share with ya'll in case somebody else is having the same problem.
what dealer was this

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ninjakid04636

what dealer was this
Kawasaki Motorsports in Kissimmee, Florida

Yea the "subthrottle sensor" thats it. They said they hook it up to the computer and it was sending out error codes.

If they throw parts out at me, as long as i aint paying i dont care let them over work themselves. Maybe they'll give me a new engine :D..j/k!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.