Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i'm coasting down the road at any speed, if i let off the handle bars it will coast over to the right. it's a moderate pull, nothing dangerous, but definitely not just a little bit of drift. there's aboslutely no vibrating at all, i've adjusted the ride stiffness on the forks, i've made sure the rear wheel is aligned with the bike etc...

any ideas on what could cause this? someone told me it might be a rotor, but there's no jerkiness to it at all.

·
Registered
532 Posts
it sounds to mean like its the crown of the road IF you've checked then rear alignment.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Maybe it's your body positioning... I think if you keep your weight shifted to one side, the bike will have a tendency to lean and steer towards that side. I experienced that before.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
definitely not my positioning. i have to lean to about 11 o'clock to keep the bike going straight.i think i'm going to take the brake pads off the right side rotor and see if it still pulls after that. we've already got a new lower triple on the way because i broke off a bolt in this one the other day. hopefully it's just the triple.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Deleted due to lack of conviction.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had a simmiler problem (actually mine was polling to the right also) it was after I hit a pavment due to some very thoughtful BMW driver.:(
Anyway my trusted mechanic [8D] said he doesn't identify any chaiss warping and it might be due to the tires being hit hard by pavement (he couldn't be sure).
A month later it was due for maitanance (tires were also replaced) and guess what? he was right no polling to the right any more.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
How are your fork seals? I had a blown fork seal on a previous bike, when I took it for inspection it was found, it was pulling to the left, under breaking it would pull hard to the left. Worth a check. Are your adjusters equal? I'm just making guesses, but, you could have a dragging rotor (like you said) Tires worn unevenly?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would guess rear wheel alignment, worn tires or some cable pulling on the bars. Also may be bent fork or twisted triple tree.

I would not thing it is a rotor problem. If one was dragging or stuck it would be no different than having a bike with a rotor on only one side.

·
Registered
532 Posts
guys think here if the rotor was dragging how whould that affect it pulling one way or another. we only have one wheel on the ground. stop thinking cage. in a car if one side drags it pulls the car to that side. but a motorcycle doesnt know sides of brakes b/c we only have one contact point with the ground. i have owned serval dirtbikes that only have a rotor on one side, hell look at our rear wheel we only have a rotor on one side.

so its either gotta be crown of the road, bent geometery, or worn tires.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Originally posted by cheetahflyer
guys think here if the rotor was dragging how whould that affect it pulling one way or another. we only have one wheel on the ground. stop thinking cage. in a car if one side drags it pulls the car to that side. but a motorcycle doesnt know sides of brakes b/c we only have one contact point with the ground. i have owned serval dirtbikes that only have a rotor on one side, hell look at our rear wheel we only have a rotor on one side.

so its either gotta be crown of the road, bent geometery, or worn tires.
[:M77][:M50] that is an outstanding point! never thought about that! LOL

·
Registered
232 Posts
there is a small problem with the G1 modles being slighly unbalenced when compared with later modles

i had this problem, my bike was pulling to the left cheack your front tyer pressure sounds strainge i know but it worked for me

i can't imagine it would be one or the other or the front calipers because the wheel is locked in place by the axle but i could be wrong

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
hmm, i have a twisted tripple i kno for sure, blown fork seal on the right, worn ass front tire, etc, and on my 98 i have no problems of it pulling in one direction when coasting with no hands....lol but it is most likely the crown in the road...
Ben

·
Registered
232 Posts
well if none of that works id cheack the headstock bearings if its starting to become nochy (sometime it takes a whille) that could cause pulling

·
Registered
30 Posts
I raised my forks in the triple tree due to using a 120/70 front tire. My bike was pulling quite a bit when I was done. And, let's just say, I'm challenged in the measuring department. When I checked them again, I had one of them a little over 1mm off. I readjusted them and everything is fine now. So, check that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.