Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so im riding and my bike temp gets to about 220s and it cuts off, ok fine i know it suppose to cut off around 230 but if i let it sit and i start on my way home and it cuts off @ 189 degrees so now im worried and then when im in neutral sometimes it acts like plugs are missing(rev up n down) So fellow kawi riders can you please tell me what i need to do or look at or even pay somebody to do lol

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
make sure your idle is at 1300rpm if not bring it up and see if that helps
x2 my manual says it should be around 1100 rpm cold and 1300 when its warmed up, u have a little black knob on the left side of the bike down under by the driver seat, u can turn it to adjust if u need to

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea its pretty much at 1300(roughy 1325 going by power commander on laptop) but that is the update i forgot i put power commander III usb on it about a month ago and i know that deals with my throttle body and fuel injection so i was wondering if that matter cause i just put it on zero map and got worse and also now my FI light stays on ......PS my bike jerks at rought 7500 to 8000 rpm in the 1st few gears so i have to shift at roughy 5000 for comfortable ride to 6th gear because it feels like its going to throw me off the back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts