Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my 96 zx6r was totalled may 1st and i totally stripped it down and purchased all the parts needed to rebuild it. anyways b4 i put it back together is there anything i should do to the engine? the engine has been sitting out of the bike for about a month, it had all openings on the engine sealed with plastic wrap and rubber bands. as well the entire engine was plastic wrapped. further more garbage bags were put over the engine, and finally a tarp was wrapped around it all so its fair to say it was prety sealed from the elements. after the accident the engine started up first try as if nothing had happended and sounded perfectly fine. the engine has 29,000 km on it and was running great prior to the accident.

anyways bottom line should anything be done to the engine b4 it goes back in or shoul di just get'r tuned once the bike is rebuilt?

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
i would just change all the fluids but put engine in bike first.flush out the gas tank and put new gas in,change oil,coolant etc.see how it runs and go from there.good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.