Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Im in the process of putting my 08 zx6r back together. Recently got some much needed engine bolts and frame and got most of the bike put back together. Basically I had a few questions and wanted to see if you guys had some answers.

1. I had purchased some used sato rearsets a while back and put them on today and noticed that I dont know how to attach the rear brake light to the rearset and I dont know if I need a new gear shift link as it seems like the stock one is to small, also the guy didnt send a shift link with it so I dont know if I need a specific one.

2. The reason for the whole bike rebuild is my bike did kart wheels down the expressway a while ago and messed up my old frame. The front got totally destroyed and got a few problems with the wiring. Was gonna buy new wire harness but I figured I could work with mine as nothing was missing. Basically the fuse box got destroyed even though still intact and I figure I need to buy one but cant find it anywhere. Im having to wiggle the box around sometimes to get the bike to start up and just want to replace it.

3. Also dealing with the front my radiator fan isnt kicking on but Im guessing it has to do with that mangled up fuse box. What does the relay box control up there as well, its bent in as well but the bike starts so I wonder if I need to replace that to if it controls anything that doesnt have to do with the bike running.

4. Is the tilt sensor up front in the cowling??? I have what looks like a sensor hanging around up there and couldnt figure out where it goes....bike starts though lol.

5. Need a intergrated brake kit with a license plate holder and was wondering can you guys recommend one for me.

Thats all I can think of right now but Im sure theres some more small stuff I need to worry about....

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Ide recommend getting a service manual first off, there are going to be other things that will come up.

Thats about it though, I dont know your bike so.

But get a manual.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea Ive been using it to rebuild the bike for most of the way. I went ahead and just bought a new relay junction box. Also talked to SATO today and have a rear brake light kit coming and a new shift rod. I checked ronayers and it said that the shift rod for the stock 07-08s is 115mm. Does that sound right??? I was checking the SATO website and there is 205mm so I guess I do need a new shift rod. Still need to find a good brake light kit as the ebay ones have the license plate holder but I believe with those I have to splice wires and dont know if I want to do that yet. Clear alternatives and the rest seem to be plug and play but no license plate holder....

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
1) Most aftermarket rear sets don't have a provision for brake lights.
2) Pic?
3) Couldn't tell you offhand, but the manual tells you what all the boxes are for.
4) I'm pretty sure the tip over sensor is under the ram air tube.
5) I've got one I never bothered too install, you can have it pretty cheap (no provision for license plate mount).

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
1) most aftermarket rear sets don't have a provision for brake lights. true....but some manufactures offer a adapter to get it on. I've got vortex and they offer it. Never went with it bc i don't use the rear brake unless doing a tight circle. I would never do a tight circle in front of a car anyways so no use for the rear light brake.

5) i've got one i never bothered too install, you can have it pretty cheap (no provision for license plate mount). true....i've got hotbodies that came with the bike and that thing is a cheap piece of shit. I ended up cutting off the plate holder and making my own out of wall shelf l bracket (the super tiny ones with 3 holes)
ivisable text!!!!!!!!!!!:d

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
true....i've got hotbodies that came with the bike and that thing is a cheap piece of shit. I ended up cutting off the plate holder and making my own out of wall shelf l bracket (the super tiny ones with 3 holes)
Yea, I got the Hotbodies fender eliminator a while back, and it's not built well at all. The plastic is thinner than paper, and it broke within about a month.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info, got the tip over sensor in the right location i believe seems like it slides in under the headlights. Went ahead and bought a used relay box and so far the bike has been starting with no problem. So it seems like the bike is ready for the final touches. I got a servo buddy comnig in i got off of ebay so hopefully my FI light goes out so I know there arent any other codes going on as I took off the servo motor and plan on keeping it off now. Still need to get something for the rear as far as a plate holder and brake lights are concerned. Hopefully by this weekend ill have it all back together :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts