Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I turn my bike on to leave work last night and the fuel light is on already because it came on on the way to work and i was running late so i didnt have time to stop. I start driving to the gas station and the bike starts sputtering a little bit. I fill it up (It only took 3.2 gallons so it was far from empty) and its still sputtering and running like shit. I try going on the high way figuring maybe its a piece of dirt and it just needs to be blown through. I went wot and it started bogging down. I drove it around a little more and since there was no improvement i just took it home. I'm thinking since it was low on gas dirt might have gotten into the fuel filter so I'm gonna try to change that now. Any other advice or input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
83 Posts
The same thing happen to me, i took the tank off and there was some crap in the fuel line going to the engine, i guess when i ran the fuel so low some debree got in the line could be your problem.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uh trying to find the fuel filter myself not havin any luck. I have 10,000 miles. AJwill if you could let me know what exactly you did i'd apprecaite it im kinda wingin it right now.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
the fuel filter you are referring to is more like a fuel strainer like on a car fuel pump...as i have had the tank off and there is no actual fuel filter comntraption inline to the fuelrail like a carberuerated bike.
My extra gas tank just has the strainer on it.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
your bike is just mad at you cause you dont wash it lol.no for real though maybe your injectors are clogged try runnin some injector cleaner in with next full tank of gas.id only use half bottle at most you use the whole bottle for a cars tank.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats the next step. my old man swears its bad gas so im gonna put some fuel injector cleaner in there and some new gas. But i also have new plugs now so hopefully shell start runnin a little better. And my bike is like a little kid. It likes to play all the time and never wants to get washed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
the fuel line go from the tank into a T shaped pipe the little piece of debre my bike had was in the T pipe i noticed it with a flash light. I tried everything before i ever thought about looking in the T pipe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by 1FAST05
You probobly have a little water in the tank.
My brothers bike shared the same symptoms as yours (minus fuel light).We found the rubber seal under the gas cap letting water in the tank.It was the back of the seal (towards rider).We ended up pulling & cleaning the plugs,cleaning the throttle bodies,flushing the tank out,then of course replacing the seal.It runs fine now.Just a suggestion[^].I hope this helps ya...good luck!:D

·
Registered
418 Posts
hey man! the same exact thing happend 2 me!! our bikes do not have a fuel filter. I installed brand new spark plugs and K&N air filter, that didnt fix the job, i just ran the thing til it finally ran right. not sure if it was bad gas or wat. I fill up every day i ride, and i use 2 ride every day, so i started every ride w/ a full tank, and my bikes always been garaged and pretty clean, always used premium feul too.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
There is no fuel filter on the newer FI kawi bikes, only a fuel strainer or fuel sock. You have to pull the pump out of the tank and then remove the pump from the sump and there is a fuel sock on the end of the pump.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.