Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was not able to ride the bike for about 4 days due to bad weather/tropical storm moving through the area. Went out to ride, perfect day, but the bike ran like shit. I turned it on to warm it up, the rpms were fluctuating and never got above 1k. After about 20 seconds of running, it shuts off completely. Now, I can only get it started for about 2 seconds. It's an '05 636 with about 3500mi on it and had never had any problems in the past. Anybody have any ideas of what might be wrong?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just had to replace the CDI on mine cause it wigged out and kept cutting spark. solder connections inside the CDI were getting hot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of my mods are cosmetic, none engine related. After thinking about it for a while, maybe since my bike was covered outside, it rained, then it was hot and humid for a while, condensation might have formed on the inside of the gas tank. The engine then would run like shit/ no run at all with water mixed in with the gas. I will try to drain some gas out of the tank and see if I can see any evidence of water in there...does this sound logical to anyone?

·
Registered
24 Posts
had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. just give it some gas as you start it and once it starts running, rev it for a while. not to high, maybe around 4-5k. after that my bike ran fine.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
letting ur bike sit in the rain under a cover is not a good idea. but i'm guessing u had no choice. let it dry out and drain the gas, start with fresh gas and rev it up when it cranks 4-5k rpm's sounds good. it'll prolly run like shit till it cleans itself out. if that doesn't work then u mite have moisture in something electrical. use a haidryer on some of that shit if u have to. but hell i ride in the rain with no probs. good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.