Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe the ride height is to low. Are you sure that the ride height is the same as with the stock shock?

2002 Green ZX-6R

-LP flushmount V's
-Integrated rear signals
-Akrapovic Ti pipe

...more mods to come!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

1999 ZX6r G2 - fitted ohlins rear shock last weekend & since then have noticed a definate tendancy for the bike to run extremely wide in turns where before it was prolly a bit too quick into turns.

Any ideas before I start playing with things?

Si

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

Unfortunately in my haste to fir the ohlins, I forgot to compare the old + new!!!

Gotta remeasure it seems.

Cheers

Si

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mad Si,

It's either you have too little compression damping or the rear ride height is too low, giving the bike a "nose-high" attitude, or you have too much compression damping, making the suspension "pack down" -- either will make the bike run wide.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck with it. I wish I had one. :(

2002 Green ZX-6R

-LP flushmount V's
-Integrated rear signals
-Akrapovic Ti pipe

...more mods to come!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks guys,

someone has given me the standard ride height settings from his G2 for me to check with.

Gonna try it out tommorrow?

Si

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey boxer, howdoya like that pipe. Did you hav to rejet, and did you feel any power increase???Im gonna get one when I can scroung the money, just wondering if its really worth it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Update,

Just measured it and it's set to approx 4mm below standard ride height so no wonders I've had probs!!!

Gonna tweak over the next couple of days & report back :)

Si

·
Registered
271 Posts
Good to hear, Mad Si -- try raising it to +4 up to +8mm, made a world of difference on my J1 [^]. I hardly countersteer, more just lean in the direction of the turn (of course my hand pushes the bar a bit as I lean), and she turns without a fuss. [^]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.