Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are my symptoms I hope someone can help because this bike is barely used and is for sale!
Its a 2005 zzr600 1902 miles

The bike took a while(2-3 mins) to start after sitting 3.5 weeks..
Upon starting it sounds ok? It never gets to the point where i can turn the choke off. If i try to it stalls.. otherwise the RPMS bounce from 1k to 3.5kish.

when i give it gas..

IT sounds like its fighting against itself to rev up.. It can drive but it doesn't idle without choke like posted before. I tried some Yamaha Fuel cleaner.. No good. It gets loud near the engine with a deep bouncing/ticking sound, I have stock pipes so its loud and clear. The bike was running perfect prior to putting it in the garage. The weather was VERY rainy and hot in that period

Anyone have any suggestions?? MY next step is to try and drain the tank/carbs.. I figure theres so many symptoms it has to be something!!!

Thanks for any help in advance

P.S. looking to get 4500 firm for the bike.. once i find what the problem is!

·
Registered
181 Posts
man...id say take that right back to the dealer and let them deal wid it if u gots that warenty..i think it still might be under the origonal warenty..but the engine is most deffinetly under it..ill also ask my buddy down the street from me about that if u wana do it urself..he knows alot about all the bikes..he put my jet kit in,,,sinched em,,,adjusted the floats and everything in an hour...so ill let em know bout the simptoms and see what he think and says too..ight man:D

·
Registered
891 Posts
Call the dealer and explain the problems to a tech. He might say bring it up, and he migth give you a heads up on what it could be.

Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not under warranty anymore since june .. figures and i don't wanna pay alot to fix it aka bring it to my dealer.. but it runs just not right it almost sounds like a tapping valve sound but i doubt that its that.. Well, I guess I'll trouble shoot whats going on !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm update- still running bad.. It only starts in nuetral, without the clutch in .. when the clutch is engaged it does not start at all.. electrical problems possibly? Any help is appreciated.. makes me wonder if one cylinder isn't gettin spark maybe..?? I will do some testing when i have some time

also the battery was dead a little while ago.. Does any of this add up??

·
Registered
945 Posts
Ive heard a bad battery can cause the bike to run like crap......try replacing it......if it doesnt work just take the battery back [:p]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'll do that too.. maybe i can just try someone elses first haha .. thanks tho! any other pointers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok new update .. i think i might just bring the bike in

After running it for a little bit.. trying to "magically" clear it up..

The choke was left on..

Took off tank etc..

3 plugs were pretty wet and one was bone dry- all the way to the left foot.

Not getting gas is my assumption.. aka glogged jet on that carb??

any help ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by tommyoc
Ok new update .. i think i might just bring the bike in

After running it for a little bit.. trying to "magically" clear it up..

The choke was left on..

Took off tank etc..

3 plugs were pretty wet and one was bone dry- all the way to the left foot.

Not getting gas is my assumption.. aka glogged jet on that carb??

any help ?
yea...i could see that happenen if it sat for a bit..but three weeks isnt nessesarily all that long..so i dont really get that all that much...[:M32]...but...anything can happen.

·
Registered
374 Posts
ok I got a few questions for you.
the symptoms you describe is it dropped a cyl and is running on 3 thus fighting to rev.
is the bike on the stand, and if so fuel valve on position or reserve?

My bike sits for a few weeks while im working(commercial driver OTR)
the last time I was home I started it and it ran a few minutes and dropped to 3 cyl. I shook the tank(bike) to slosh fuel in tank, turned to reserve and refired and ran fine, my fuel was just on the main tank/reserve border so in the on position on the stand it wa running out of fuel; the clicking you describe I experienced too and can be duplicated by turning off the fuel and let the bike run 60 seconds or so.

turn the fuel to reserve, slosh the tank( in case any water has settled to the bottom) and refire. let us know

·
Registered
812 Posts
Make sure that your carb needles aren't loose. My bike recently had the same problem after a track day. I took the carbs off and noticed that one of the needles came loose. I'm also in NJ. Let me know when you're riding around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.