Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've had a problem with my bike simply shutting off while moving. It'll lug for a couple seconds, then the engine will just completely go dead. If I continue to try and give it gas, nothing happens and the FI light comes on. I cruised to a stop, turned it off, then back on, and it started right back up. Then, it happened again in about 2minutes. I think it must be related to the temp, since it was incredibly hot and I was running about 223 in traffic when it happened. When I let it sit for a bit, it seemed to take longer to happen. At first I thought this was my new muzzy can, so I ordered a new gasket, redid all the bolts, and went riding today. Everything was great for the first couple hours, then on my way home the bullsh started up again. It just shut off on my when I was going 80 on the highway. Could the gasket - mid pipe connection be the culprit? I know the clamp is pretty shitty stuff. Or could it be I'm running too rich? I've got deep black residue on the exhaust tip, and I'm waiting on a dynojet pcIII. Anyone have any advice? Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it never happened with stock exhaust. I just can't tell whether it's the gasket or the actual change in air/fuel mix. I only get the occasional backfire, and the decel gurgle is pretty tame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.