Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever have this happen to them? I'd be riding and all of a sudden the bike shuts off. The tach goes off, the bike stalls, so I clutch in and coast to the side of the road. Then it would come alive again. May do the same thing again a few times then nothing for the whole ride.
This has happened to me on more than one ocassion.
It might have something to do with the electronics or the ground not being properly grounded. I checked all the wiring and tried to fiddle with it to see if it might shut the engine down but nothing. Any thoughts??

Thanks!

·
F'ing Catilina Wine Mixer
1,466 Posts
the same thing happened to me. i will be crusing at 80 mph in sixth gear taking a small long turn and ill hold the clutch in and the bike justs shuts off. and ill be rolling like wtf and i hold the clutch in while im still rolling at 80mph and start the bike back up. why does this happen?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
do you have a Power commander? Check that first if you do!1

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 05 done it when I first got it. It mostly happened when i would moderately get on it. then my buddies new 06 titanium done the same thing. I just bought my wife a blue 06 and hers done it sometimes. they have all three quit doing it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by SkyeHack
the same thing happened to me. i will be crusing at 80 mph in sixth gear taking a small long turn and ill hold the clutch in and the bike justs shuts off. and ill be rolling like wtf and i hold the clutch in while im still rolling at 80mph and start the bike back up. why does this happen?
Yours sounds like you need to adjust your idle up a bit.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Originally posted by SkyeHack
Just curious why you would pull the clutch in while cruising at 80 mph? I'm kinda new to riding, but isn't it better to keep power to the wheel, esp in a turn?

Sorry for the thread highjack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions.
No power commander. My bike doesn't just shut off or else I would restart it...let the clutch out in gear or the starter. Not the kickstand because my lights would still be on.

My bike totally shuts down like disconnecting the battery or something. Can't fire it up until the bike lights back up. Tried to play around with the wiring and nothing. Can't duplicate the problem.
Is there anyway to test any of the electronics? Maybe it's my battery. Not sure how to test the thing either except bringing it in the shop.
And you know it cost big bucks at the shop...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.