Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought about posting a thread for some of the more experinced people of the forum to explain some requested bike slang.

EX: Gixxer. A common one to ask about. spoken version of Suzuki GSXR and to my knowledge pronounced "gickser" I may be and probably am wrong on that one though. :/

One I've been wondering about would be "Chicken strips"? :rolleyes: I could have a guess but otherwise have no idea.

Post away!:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Chicken strips are the remaining unworn parts of (usually) your rear tire. It is a way bikers tend to size each other up, since the more you lean, the closer you get to the sidewall, thus scrubbing said strips off. A n00b move is to sandpaper the edges to portray true lack of chicken strips. i.e. "Man did you see John's chicken strips? He has like 3 inches on each side! He must be a pussy."

·
Registered
37 Posts
Chicken strips? Chicken strips are the part of your tire closest to the edge that you don't use, meaning your to chicken to lean your bike far enough to use up all your tire. It doesn't make you a bad rider, it just means you don't ride as hard as other people do. I don't think it really matters if you got chicken strips or not, everyone has ther own riding style. Of course, we all observe the the tires of other bikers and we can get an idea of how they ride, but chicken strips aren't a bad thing. A rider is a rider, and I give respect to all that ride on two wheels all over the world.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Cool, Thanks! Any other new riders need an explanation?

Edit: hehehe 69th post! (Yes I'm immature...)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, and how close was I to the Gixxer explanation??

·
Registered
261 Posts
right on with gixxer.

squid is usually used to refer to someone who rides without gear, poser, noob... usually found on aforementioned gixxers :D

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For you Bliss!

Squid - See Gneo

Gneo - See Squid

Couldn't resist!

But hows about this don't turn into a bash Gneo thread? I'd actually like to help some new riders/forum members out?

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
in case you haven't picked up "cager" is a car, and "WOT" is wide open throttle.

feel free to ask any others you're unsure of. Lord knows I googled a ton of shit when I started...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
highside: when your bike wants to go one way and your body wants to go the other and you fly off over the top of the bike
lowside: when your bike slides out from underneath you
tank slapper: when your bike steering starts to wobble back and forth in a violent manor (usually leads to highside)

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
warbuk: one that doesn't give a fuck

"you guy's better watch out! he's gonna warbuk on ur ass"

ok, sorry. i got nothing

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
warbuk: one that doesn't give a fuck

"you guy's better watch out! he's gonna warbuk on ur ass"

ok, sorry. i got nothing
That'll work!:D

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Stoppie: Intentionally braking hard with the front brake and throwing your weight forward in order to stand your bike up on the front tire. Also know as an Endo. Usually followed by Road Rash.
Road Rash: Areas of skin ground away during the act of sliding on the pavement. See: GIANT SCAB!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
For the Win

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
along the same lines..

FTL: For the loss

FTMFW: For the muthafuggin win!!

IMHO: In my humble opinion

IIRC: if I remember correctly

·
Registered
274 Posts
never could understand this chicken strip thing. a good rider moves their body to the inside of a turn which reduces the lean of the bike needed to make the turn, increasing the width of so called "chicken strips" aka "hero line". of course the sunday racers on the speed channel are pushing it all to the limits, body movement and bike lean. hardly the same bikes/tires we ride on the street. j

1 - 20 of 73 Posts