Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Y’all, I’m brand new to the motorcycle community and the forum and I need some help diagnosing (what I think is) a fuel delivery issue.
I bought this 2007 Kawasaki zzr600 in pieces about a month ago with the hopes of rebuilding it like I had with my first few cars. So far I’ve put everything together, replaced the starter, rebuilt and cleaned the carbs, rebuilt the fuel pump, replaced clutch and throttle cables, and replaced handlebar mounting brackets. Yesterday I heard her fire up for the first time by pouring fuel into the carb and turning over the bike with the choke at 1/2 and the throttle open. That was the only way I could get it to fire continuously without sputtering. Now, after connecting the fuel pump and tank, I can only get sputters and there is a significant amount of time in between each. My question is; is this a fuel delivery issue or it simply needs a carb tune?
If it matters, I do not have a gauge cluster hooked up, the battery needs to be charged between starts after only a few cranks (bad battery), I’m not sure the vacuum lines are hooked up properly (the small hose after what I assume is a thermostat I have routed to the fuel tank relief), one of the ground wires from the starter gets quite heated and will smoke if cranking for too long (the black one with a yellow line), and the choke won’t go past 1/2. Any information is appreciated y’all and thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts