Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happens every now and again.. seemed to happen alot more before i drove it around quite a bit.

every now and again if i just give the bike a little bit of throttle while in neutral and let off the throttle the bike will just stall out... it will also do it sometimes if im gearing down for a stop and pull the clutch in it the engine will rev down like normal but instead of holding at idle it will just stall out..

its not a super huge problem but is something im curious about. does not happen too often but often enough to be an annoyance

tired searching found no results.

its a 2009 zx6r.. it was properly broken in and has right at 1700 miles on it now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What is your idle set to ? If its to low this could be the issue. I keep mine about 1400 - 1500 rpm on idle.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well dont i feel dumb.. i just came off a carbed bike and did not realize i could so easily adjust the idle speed on a fuel injected bike.

thats the quickest and easiest fix ive come across.

thanks again. =]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same issue on brand new stock 2018 zx6r. It doesn't matter gear and adjusting idol speed only seems to delay the issue for a little before it comes back. Dealerships and shops say they can't recreate or find a problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts