1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
a pitbull isn't that much more and it's a known quantity. you'll only need to buy a pitbull stand once, just a thought.

·
Registered
121 Posts
just go with putbull. i bought a cheap rear stand off ebay that u have to put together and i spent a good 2 hours adjusting it so the bike is even when i use the stand.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Originally posted by billas double R
Just wanted to find out if anybody has had success with using these stands from ebay. They look like they are easy to use. I currently have the old Power stands. They are not the best and easiest to use. They only look nice. I know that the best ones are the Pitbull but they are just a little to much for my taste. Thanks http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=200045269370&rd=1,1
I actually just bought one of their stands from that same ebay seller for my Ducati. The stand has a small amount of flex in it because it's a single-sided swingarm, so you have one braced arm with a pin extending from it that has to lock into the axle on the one side...it'd have to be heavy and beefy as hell to not flex a little bit.

But the stands are fairly well made, and I haven't had any problems at all with mine. I had to assemble mine out of the box, which was a little bit of a PITA because I had to set two roller bearings for the axle of the pin that slides into the rear axle of the bike...but that's just because it's a single-sided swingarm. If you're mechanically inclined at all, it'll take you 5 minutes tops to assemble it...the only problem I had was that the paint was sprayed a little too thick and made clearances a little too tight, so some of the bolts were a little tight.

The biggest thing though is that the guys at Fly-N-Cycle are some of the best customer service guys I've ever dealt with. I was an idiot, and had an idiot moment, and managed to break a part of the stand (don't want to get into too much detail, but suffice it to say the part I broke is only on single-sided swingarm stands, and it was ENTIRELY my own dumbass fault)...called up Fly-N-Cycle the next day and told him what happened, hoping that I could buy just the part that I broke, and wouldn't have to buy a whole new stand (since it really was my own fault), and he was like, "No problem, I'll get that out to you today." Took the time to go over it on the phone to make sure he was shipping me the exact part I needed, and all of it free of charge, he replaced the part I broke and I got it in just a few days.

So the stands are alright...definately functional, they're not going to break on you or anything dumb like that, but they don't have the ridiculous beefy quality of PitBull...not that you need it, and honestly I don't think the PB stands are worth the money...but I'd definately recommend Fly-N-Cycle.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
spend some time at the track and watch how many bikes fall off stands. i won't buy a stand that's cheaper than hindle's stands (which i've had two and they are good cheap stands). i won't use a front stand that wasn't pit bull or woodcraft.

but, it's your fingers and your bike...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i just bought a stand with 3 wheels which make the bike insanley easy to either work on or move around in the garage.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by dragknt

I actually just bought one of their stands from that same ebay seller for my Ducati. The stand has a small amount of flex in it because it's a single-sided swingarm, so you have one braced arm with a pin extending from it that has to lock into the axle on the one side...it'd have to be heavy and beefy as hell to not flex a little bit.

But the stands are fairly well made, and I haven't had any problems at all with mine. I had to assemble mine out of the box, which was a little bit of a PITA because I had to set two roller bearings for the axle of the pin that slides into the rear axle of the bike...but that's just because it's a single-sided swingarm. If you're mechanically inclined at all, it'll take you 5 minutes tops to assemble it...the only problem I had was that the paint was sprayed a little too thick and made clearances a little too tight, so some of the bolts were a little tight.

The biggest thing though is that the guys at Fly-N-Cycle are some of the best customer service guys I've ever dealt with. I was an idiot, and had an idiot moment, and managed to break a part of the stand (don't want to get into too much detail, but suffice it to say the part I broke is only on single-sided swingarm stands, and it was ENTIRELY my own dumbass fault)...called up Fly-N-Cycle the next day and told him what happened, hoping that I could buy just the part that I broke, and wouldn't have to buy a whole new stand (since it really was my own fault), and he was like, "No problem, I'll get that out to you today." Took the time to go over it on the phone to make sure he was shipping me the exact part I needed, and all of it free of charge, he replaced the part I broke and I got it in just a few days.

So the stands are alright...definately functional, they're not going to break on you or anything dumb like that, but they don't have the ridiculous beefy quality of PitBull...not that you need it, and honestly I don't think the PB stands are worth the money...but I'd definately recommend Fly-N-Cycle.
I guess my question is do you think the stand (rear) would be able to withstand long term use? I do not ride a lot so most of the time my bike will be on this stand. I would say at least one month at a time. I only ride my bike about a couple hours a month. I just do not want to leave my bike on this stand in my storage then come back only to see that the stand failed. Worst case scenario is if the stand fails, bike falls over my other bike.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Originally posted by billas double R

I guess my question is do you think the stand (rear) would be able to withstand long term use? I do not ride a lot so most of the time my bike will be on this stand. I would say at least one month at a time. I only ride my bike about a couple hours a month. I just do not want to leave my bike on this stand in my storage then come back only to see that the stand failed. Worst case scenario is if the stand fails, bike falls over my other bike.
That I don't know. My single sided stand is so much different from the double-sided stands. I can tell you that I don't trust my single sided stand for long periods of time, but other Ducati owners have told me that I'm silly for feeling that way. The SSSA stand I have looks a whole lot like the Micron-branded DSSA stand I have for my Kawi...same shade of red, same width tubing, same types of bends, same hardware...I'm tempted to say that they're made by the same company and just branded by different resellers. And if that's the case, than I can say that I do trust my DSSA stand, although I've never had a reason to use it for more than a few days at a time.

Honestly, even though it may work, if you're going to be storing it for months, I'd say go ahead and invest in a beefy expensive stand, just to be safe.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
Originally posted by bluespecv03
I got front and rear stands for 100 shipped on ebay. They are made by T-Rex and are great quality. Check them out.
[:+1]
I've had these for two seasons now and are still working wonderfully.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I had a set (front and rear) of stands from Fly-n-Cycle and though they were functional and would do the job, they were cheaply made and had much more flex than I was comfortable with. I sold them and got stands from Checkered Flag.
Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i got a question i live in ny and i cant really ride in the winter. i was looking at the stands on ebay and i see some of you dont think they are made well.but what if i put weights on top of the stand would that help it not fall over. i leave my bike outside and sometimes in the garage i dont want it to fall over. any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
Get the T-Rex off of ebay. I store my bike on them during the winter. I sit on my bike, do maintenance, change tires all sorts of things and they stay rock solid.
The Checkered Flag stands also get good reviews, just checkered flag has been a little lax on their customer service lately from what I've been reading.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yea, I bought some stands from checkered flag on October 22nd, and I still have not received them. Needless to say, it seems like he cannot keep up with the amount of orders he gets.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the auction is ending in a few hours. We'll see. I probably don't mind buying a better quality stand. The problem is nobody would ship to Guam or the shipping charge is just ridiculous. Does anybody know where I can get both stands that would be willing to ship to me? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Monstermack
Get the T-Rex off of ebay. I store my bike on them during the winter. I sit on my bike, do maintenance, change tires all sorts of things and they stay rock solid.
The Checkered Flag stands also get good reviews, just checkered flag has been a little lax on their customer service lately from what I've been reading.
These stands relly do look beefy just like my power stands. The only issue I have is the ease of putting the bike on it. I have difficulty putting my 6R on it only because the fork for that catches the spools are not deep enough or at least the front finger should be longer that the rear to insure a perfect catch all the time. Another problem is there seems to be not enough leverage on them therefore making it difficult to pick the bike up. I guess one of the things I like about the FNC stands is if you look at the hooks that catch the spools, they swivel freely from the stand itself making them easier to stay on the spools while picking up the bike. Also the hooks look like it is deep enough to catch the spools while lifting the bike. I guess I need more input from everyone.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Daryl 636
The CFM stands are definately a good deal for $140 a pair shipped.
These are the Woodcrafts right? Where can I get them?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.