Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was lookin for a decent set of stands for workin on my bike.. possibly some that can also be used with other kawasaki bikes down the road as well...

any suggestions?...

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
T-Rex stands are a really good value, you can find them on e-bay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you guys able to use the pit bull front tripple tree stand to lift the bike up? For some reason, mine seems too long to lift the 250 but I can lift my other bikes up just fine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got a rear stand from Steel Horse Fabrications. Think I paid 75 + shipping... quality was excellent, and I really like the looped handle at the back vs. the straight one. The looped handle doesn't stick out as far to get in the way. Defiinitely will be ordering a matching front stand from them later

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the T-Rex and it does the job just fine. I can't imagine how much better the Pit Bull could be. Maybe if I used it every day some differences might show up.

Tim

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Pit Bull stands are nice, there are a better built product. If your planning on using them on a daily basis I would get those, but the average person is only going to be using their stands once or twice a month (or less), and the T-Rex stands work great for half the price.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
If your planning on getting a front stand, I would get one that picks the bike up from the lower triple tree, and not the bottom of the fork tubes. The triple tree is more secure, and it allows you to take the wheel off and the fork tubes out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If your planning on getting a front stand, I would get one that picks the bike up from the lower triple tree, and not the bottom of the fork tubes. The triple tree is more secure, and it allows you to take the wheel off and the fork tubes out.

does the t-rex front lift from the triple tree or the bottom of the fork tubes?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
does the t-rex front lift from the triple tree or the bottom of the fork tubes?
The one I have can do both. It is a two piece design, the second piece is an adapter that lifts from the triple. You can buy different pins to fit different bikes also.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh ok.. got it.. I am probably goin with a set of those.. I just need them for when im doing oil changes and stuff like that...

·
Registered
626 Posts
ive been looking for a decent set of stands and checked out plenty of manufacturers and tried to find reviews for all of them. Trex were called flimsy and low quality numerous times, Pitbull of course were highly praised, and Redline were all right as well. then i read about GPI Industries and checked them out and i ordered a set. good price, one piece stands, not a triple-tree design in front but if i need one later ill get one later. i couldnt pass them up for the price and i hope ill have them this week so i can check them out and review them. plus they have a 100% lifetime guarantee and 30 day return policy so well see how it goes...

http://www.gpiindustries.com/products.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts