Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stolen from Jim Thorpe, PA on thursday 9/7/06. I got up to go to work and realized my bike was missing off my front porch. Somebody in the middle of the night while i was sleeping stole my bike. When i filed a report with the police they also told me there was a van stolen the same night. The next day i found a set of rear van seats in the ally behind my house. My bike was a 2005 636 titanium ninja. The pics are a few months old. the bike also had a ZG DB windscreen on it. Any help or info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
good luck with your recovery.
theft is my biggest fear, well second to some a-hole pulling out infront of me.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Where is Jim Thorpe, Pa? I live outside of Philly, I'll keep an eye out for ya. Good luck on the recovery...

--Anthony

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Guys, I bet that bike will be parted out or sold as track bike, so keep an eye on local parts shops, craigslist, ebay etc...

Man, I hope you had FULL coverage, didn't you? I know it sucks BIG time, cause 6 of my friends lost thier bikes this year- [email protected] thieves! It's crazy out there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea i had insurance. Its still a big headache with all the paperwork and crap that you have to do. I still have to pay some of the loan yet but its better then not having any insurance at all. As for identifying marks the bike was in perfect condition never droped or crashed. It was also my first bike. I'm going to wait a little for another one. maybe next year thinking of a zx10??

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Sorry for your loss man. I'll keep an eye out here in B-town. I don't know of many Ti's here, so maybe that'll help. Good luck with insurance!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Damn, I was just in Jim Thorpe yesterday. It seemed like such a quiet little town. I stayed in the Poconos for a night and was a little nervous with my bike because all the guys who do the track days have these big ass trailers and I knew it would be easy for them to throw my bike in one of them on their way home if they wanted. I actually brought it in the hotel room for a bit, even though I have the scorpio alarm on it.

Jim thorpe was a scenic little town but I never found the out of the way back roads that I wanted to find. I wound up in west hazleton and then I just got on 80 and went home. I couldn't find road 339 which is supposed to have some awesome curves.

Good luck finding that bike man, you must be heart broken. Around here we wouldn't even think of leaving something like that outside at night. It's not a bad neighborhood at all where I am, but theres just too many people and room for mischeif.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
man, that's tough! sorry to hear you lost your bike.. i hope everything works out for you :(

·
Registered
648 Posts
Originally posted by rockstar84
Damn, I was just in Jim Thorpe yesterday. It seemed like such a quiet little town. I stayed in the Poconos for a night and was a little nervous with my bike because all the guys who do the track days have these big ass trailers and I knew it would be easy for them to throw my bike in one of them on their way home if they wanted. I actually brought it in the hotel room for a bit, even though I have the scorpio alarm on it.

Jim thorpe was a scenic little town but I never found the out of the way back roads that I wanted to find. I wound up in west hazleton and then I just got on 80 and went home. I couldn't find road 339 which is supposed to have some awesome curves.

Good luck finding that bike man, you must be heart broken. Around here we wouldn't even think of leaving something like that outside at night. It's not a bad neighborhood at all where I am, but theres just too many people and room for mischeif.
Damn, if I knew you were in the area.... I was just all the way down 339 today. Here's a mapquest of where 339 starts: http://beta.mapquest.com/maps/map.a...4mLd2Vg3sJ6Q/HCwjOGRi2k4YHAcnoEQm&ambiguity=1
Mahoney city is the town at the base of the "mountain." I live in Bloomsburg, which is a little wet of Hazelton on 80. Let me know the next time you are in the area.

Hey Bmullen, any update on the bike??

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
99ninja6r, I wasn't able to find the road in time and I kept cruising around and by the time I stopped to ask for directions for a second time it would've been out of the way. I had a blast riding up there, but I wasn't really able to find any tight back roads to ride. I need to plan better next time.

I was really only heading up there to watch a bunch of friends do a trakcday and then I was planning on going to Lancaster to meet up with some friends there and ride. I love riding in that area, its so scenic and open and you can really haul ass because theres nothing around but farms and barns. I should have posted on here that I was going to be in the Poconos so I could have met up with some local riders like yourself who could've shown me where the good roads really were. If the weather holds out maybe I can make it up there again before the year is over one of these weekends.

How is that road though? The old guy I was talking to said that it was full of horse shoe turns and that I'd really love that road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.