Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last night at around 3:30 am my bike was stolen from the front of my condo. The neighbors heard the noise and saw a black 4-door pickup truck driving off but couldnt see the tag #. Luckily i have gap insurance, but unfortunately its gonna take at least a month before all that gets settled and i can get a new bike. Walking outside today to an empty parking spot, about to head to work, already in my full gear and then realizing what had happened just put a horribly empty feeling in my stomach. I sure do hope they catch the guys that did it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Good thing you have insurance.....I would hope that they will crash it and hurt themselves (without hurting any innocent people of course). That's what they deserve in my opinion. I know how it feels to be totally helpless not being able to get the people who did it. I had an expensive bicycle stolen (before my ninja) and it still pisses me off to this day every time I think about those f##kers I just want to kick their ass.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the steering locked and had a brake disc lock on the back. From what the neighbor said, it was 3 or 4 guys so they didnt have any problem picking it up and throwing it in the back of their truck. I'd love to hear that they took the bike out and wrapped it around a tree or something, getting hurt in the process. We have a security guard out here and he is apparently doing a real stand-up job. I'm hoping to be riding again in a month or two, it all depends on how long it takes the gap insurance to do their thing after progressive decides that the bike is un-recoverable. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna stick with Kawasaki, i like the look and feel of my bike way better than the other middleweights i've sat on, and I'm not sure i want to step up to a litre bike just yet. I may wait until the 07 models come out, depending on how long everything takes. The worst thing about the whole situation is that i can't do anything about it but sit and wait.

·
Registered
234 Posts
thats shit man, sorry to hear about it, nothing pisses me off more that hearing about some dickless piece shit stealing someones bike. hope it works out for ya

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yeah that sucks. Where is the decency these days. At MotoGP, some poor sap with a squidzuki parked right next to. After he almost dropped his bike on me he walked right off to go to the Yamaha market. I was changing into some lighter clothing when I averted my eyes to his ignition and saw that the dumbass left his key in the ignition without even locking the handlebars. So being the civil polite citizen I am, I grabbed his key and waited till the day ended. When I got back to my bike later when all the events had ended, the dude was standing there looking all over the friggin place for his key.I walked up to the dude and asked if he was looking for his bike key. Guy was so friggin happy he gave me $50 and his number to go to his shop and get a free tattoo. But anyways the point is, I had all day to take his bike off the premises and chop that thing up. But I didn't. Some people just think it's cool to do shit like that to other peoples stuff. Why? Cause it probably never happened to them. Well at least when I'm not around.[}:)] What a bunch of [:M111]

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that, but you should always chain your bike to a concrete post. Again man I am sorry this happened, do u just have gap or do u have theft insurance also? I have GAP also but I dont know how that works without insurance.

·
Registered
759 Posts
That really sucks. I know the feeling. Had a nearly new Suzuki GS1100G (yup early 80s, I'm an old fart) stolen while I was in night school. Came out after class and the bike wasn't where I thought I had parked. Figured I was just having a brain fart and looked in a couple other places I normally parked when it dawned on me the bike was gone.

Luckily I got it back with only minor damage. Joy riders, not pros, took it. You might be better off NOT getting it back. God only knows how it was abused, even if the damage is fixable. A local guy had his week old Aprilia Tuono R stolen. They eventually found it, but it went from mint to a horrible mess. He's hoping insurance totals it.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Luckily I got it back with only minor damage. Joy riders, not pros, took it.
I can't imagine that a rider would steal another rider's bike. We all know how much these things mean to us.

Last week when I wasn't home I heard that my uncle (who used to be a rider), took a liking to my bike and sat on it. Obviously not as big as stealing it but I was pissed. I was like wtf you should know better than to touch another rider's shit.

You really can't trust anyone.....

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Unfortunately that's one of the drawbacks of having such a light sportsbike...even 2 guys can pick it up and be gone in seconds whether it has a lock on it or not. A lot of people steal these things to part them out. I would start checking ebay and other media pretty soon. Some of these dumbasses are stupid enough to list a bunch of parts from the same bike/address repeatedly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hey, i have gap insurance too but no theft insurance yet, i was wondering, will gap cover it?? cause i didnt know that.. i believe the guy at the dealer explained it to me like this.. if the bike gets stolen, gap insurance will fill in the gap between the insurance money and the amount u owe to the bank.. please correct me if this is wrong.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately, there are no poles or anything to chain the bike to where i live, i am thinking about requesting that they add something, but i am doubtful that they would. I have gap through progressive and through my dealer's finance company, so whatever progressive doesnt pay, the other gap insurance will pay the difference. Kinda torn on what to do now: get another black zx-6r, get a triumph 675, upgrade to a zx-10r, or wait and see what the 07 models bring to the table.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow,i just realized your from lakeland also,what condos are we talkin about.ill keep my eyes open.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
even if you do lock it up to a pole, someone could always just remove the fairings and sell them on-line

an indoor garage is your best friend...im paranoid about leaving my bike anywhere else for a prolonged period of time.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sickassscivic, I live in Lake Bently Shores on Edgewood Dr, right near the Edgewood and Lakeland Highlands intersection. Actually a pretty good part of town (at least i thought).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dude sorry to hear about your loss, but I know the feeling..sorta. Someone attemted to steal mine last week too. Fortunatly all they did was break the piece around the ignition switch. Sucks. Good luck, let us know if you get it back or buy new.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Get a 10r, I just upgraded from a 6. Then 10 is amazing! I love it a lot more when going through town. Better low end torque and nice when leaving from the stop lights. No more 600s for me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm thinking of going with the 10R, the local dealer had a sale on 10R's this weekend and were selling them for 9600 which is awesome, too bad i dont have my insurance check yet. I just love the agility of my 636 and dont want to lose that by going witha 10r

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.