Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i know this is my first thread and post but i need any and all help i can get. PLEASE PLEASE help if you can.

for those who live in mckinney or close in the surounding cities please please please PLEASE keep an eye out for me.
my bike was stolen from my friend andrews (roper) appartment between 12am and 9am.

its a 1999 kawisaki ninja zx6 (g-model) black with green wheels.

things to look for if you come accross it.
-body is black with semi polished frame
-green wheels
-no tail light (as of last night)
-zip tied fiarings all over the place
-yoshi rs3 full exhuast
-BRAND new db windshield
-single front head light
-no turn singnles (front or back)
-green on the inside of the fairings
-no mirrors
-no secondary upper fair stay (cage looking thing)

vin # jkazx4g13xa033730 <<if that will help any

so if everyone and anyone that can keep an eye out for this bike again in or around the mckinney area please call the police first and then connact me at
home 972 562 7574
cell 972 369 9910
thanks to all that is willing to help.
-sean

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no replys i take it, well thanks anyway.
-sean

·
Registered
471 Posts
I doubt it will head my way in texas, but ill keep my eyes peeled for it. Keep an eye on craigs list, i doubt they would be dumb enough, but you never know.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by Knucklehead

Comprehensive won't help too much, more like theft coverage.

That sux though, hope you get your bike back and the ass that took it :(

Well comprehensive, according to my insurer Progressive, considers all damage incurred while not riding the cycle including theft, damages/ vandalism, and acts of god. Collision coverage should be self explanatory, any crashes or collisions with other objects, vehicles, or the ground and any rollovers while riding the bike.

so yes, comprehensive should and will cover theft

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
comp = full covereage. Which almost always includes theft.

Theft, however, doesnt always include anything but theft.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by honda_cbr72160
i live in houston, how for is where you live... i will keep my eyes open.
from me to houston it takes about 4 hours to get there depending on traffic and weather but yes do keep an eye open thanks bro.

and to everyone else no i didnt have any inssurance on it, i didnt really have it long enough (2.5 weeks) to get the money to register, inspect, or get inssurance.
this just sux let me tell you although i know what to do and not to do with my next bike.
thanks
-sean

·
Registered
71 Posts
im sorry for what happend, but i think it was pretty stupid on your part not to insure the bike when you got it. ok you say you didnt have the money why did u buy it then, crap happens all the time i live in a pretty dead area, but still i wouldnt have an invesment and not have coverage on it, just for that rare slight chance, as in your case, something were to happen. i hope you get your bike back, i hate to read things like this.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
yeah bro... i know it really sucks that you didn't have insurance. But, this is a very valuable lesson in life. When I bought my first bike I had just turned 18 and I didn't buy the bike until I have my insurance policy, the state of GA wont even let you register without VALID insurance, they do everything electronic. So I just waited til I had the bike money and an additional $290 to pay my insurance in full. Usually, whne things like this happen it's a "friend" or a neighbor..maybe they didn't take it, but they coulda put the word out. It seems as if someone had their eye on your bike..if you weren't showing it off, then it's probably someone who knew you were getting or knew that you just got it. It's least expected, but it's also the most often. People don't usually just stumble upon a Ninja, ya know? Next time, and $3000 later, make sure you insure it. The additional coverage may be an extra $$$ but it's worth it. IF you get another one stolen, think of it as "I just saved $2700 on a new ninja" as opposed to "i just spent $300 on insurance" Best wishes to getting you back on the road, and as for the theif...may he kindly total the bike and die...in the hospital, so he can have time to think about what he did.

·
Registered
419 Posts
keeping an eye out in arlington.

and you guys don't have to demean him. he knows he messed up by not having insurance. you don't have to shove it in his face.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yea, insurance is definately a must have. I couldn't even buy my bike until I showed them I had insurance for it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by Rivetgeek
comp = full covereage. Which almost always includes theft.

Theft, however, doesnt always include anything but theft.
Different here I suppose. Theft is theft and comprehensive is comprehensive, it's pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
In cali you can get seperate theft but comp is basically everything, including alien abudction of your bike.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i know guys lesson learned, it was my fault for not having it right away, but i at least look at it this way, at least i learn a 2000 dollar lesson instead many other guys learing a 10,000 dollor lesson.

but trust me next bike will have it on it before i even ride it, along with loe jack and a large chain for at home.

thanks though.
-sean

·
Registered
162 Posts
yea, but no one deserves to learn a lesson like that. I hope it turns out well and the thief or thieves are caught in the end.

·
Registered
208 Posts
you had it for two weeks and it got jacked? man I would check with the seller bro. That sounds like a sell and steal back kinda deal. I would investigate a bit into who you bought it from, check em out a bit before you confront him though, but be damn sure you confront him and see how he acts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.