Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my bike finally saw asphalt.. one of the guys we were riding with thought he was better then us and kept wanting to talk to give some kind of newb speach about staying with in your limits, even tho this guy has totalled 3 bikes in one year, and in fact totaled the bike he was riding when this happened last weekend... anyway, he kept wanting to stop so finally we all stop to listen to him, and i jump off my bike, not realizing the kickstand is on the edge of one of those noise making indentations on the hiway, i walk maybe 3 feet and BAM, the babe is on the ground, i pick it up to find just a few scratches on the stator covers, and the left leg broke completely in half.

not a big deal.. 10$ peg, and scuffs..

well i park the bike, and dont ride it for a week, so i take it out yesterday to ride to work, and the minute it warms up i hear it, nasty sounding lifter noise... only from the front right corner of the engine... gets louder as you give it more revs, and doesnt go away, chkd the oil.. its good, chkd coolant.. its good... and now there is a slight loss of power around 2000 rpm..

WTF!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have no idea what the problem might be but if the bike just fell over from a standstill, I'd say take it in to the dealer and see if they'll take a look...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
It is the cam chain tensioner. It just needs to be adjusted. It is just a coincidence that it is making noise right after the bike fell over. Do a search on how to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.