Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
how do youlike that bike jack? im thinking of getting one if not some rearstands.

"I love ninjas with every part of my body, including my pee pee."

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Actually, it's under de-construction. I finally got tired of topping out at 130mph, so I decided to go back to stock size sprockets. I also bought new rubber for her, so hopefully in a few days it will be back on the streets. By the way, I strongly recommend that everyone who bought a used bike to check ALL of their suspension settings including rebound compression, damping, and preload. The guy I bought this bike from had the rear preload set to the hardest setting (I weigh 160lbs. and the hardest setting probably accomodates a 250lb. rider). I adjusted it when I bought it, but today when I was taking the bike apart, I read the section in my repair manual about suspension system, and found that the bike has about six different places to adjust the suspension (three for front, three for back).
After I went through them all, I discovered why my bike likes to dive headfirst into corners, ALL of the front settings were to the max, and 2 of the 3 rear settings were damn close to maxed out. Arrrggghhh.
Thank God for Haynes manuals:D

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
It kicks ass, but you have to get it just right so it lifts the front and rear tires equally. It came with two tiedown straps too, and those are kind of a pain to hook up while you use one hand to balance the bike, but if I can do it without help, anyone can:D

It was cheap too. $100 at sears compared to probably double that for front and rear stands. I plan on getting a rear stand anyway, though so I can oil the chain easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.