Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a zxr250, which was very stable compared to my zx6r. I do 10 - 20 kph and i can take my hands off the handlebar and the bike wont veer left nor right. Now I got my zx6r and tried doing it, and bike tries to fall to the right or left, but i noticed mostly right. Maybe i can't balance a bigger bike or the bike is bent? As i'm not familiar with 600's is this normal, bigger bikes are harder to balance in slow speed compared to 250's?

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 02 zx6r is my first street bike, Ive been riding dirt for a few years. Therefore I have no experience with a lighter street bike. However, I often will be cruising down the road and a stoplight ahead will turn red and Ill just let go and cruise up to it with no hands. This is like 40mph, and stable as if its on the kickstand. I once went around a big bend at like 100mph and was all pumped so when it straighten out I buzzed the intersection immediately after it with no hands at 80+mph....maybe not the safest/smartest thing to do, but none-the-less the bike was straight as an arrow.

Are you not sitting centered on the bike? I dont have a whole lot of experience so Im not much help troubleshooting, but I assure you its not a general characteristic of the 6r to be wobbly.

However, Ive never really tried it at slow speeds. 10kph is what..um..less than 5mph? I dont think I would risk letting go at under 10mph, I mean you simply have a whole bunch of intricately balanced weight and not a whole lot of rotational inertia encouraging it to stay up.[:M121]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yes the bike will be harder to balance at low speed compared to the 250....it has a higher center of gravity...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.