Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
top end vibration

got an 03 6R (636) ... everytime i go over 6K rpm i feel the bike vibrate. feels like it's coming from the engine. the higher i rev the harder the vibration. sometimes so hard that i feel it in the rearsets and the seat. and also on the handle bars which makes it very irritating on long rides.

can anybody give me some insights before i start taking #$% apart?

btw, it's got 28K kms and i hasn't had the valves checked. could it be the problem?

Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
95 Posts
hey man, it could be a number of things, I posted the same question the other day. (vibration @ 7000rpm and higher) The replies might give you some help and relief.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i read your post. thanks. i don't think its the chain and sprockets. they are brand new. and i just checked them and they're fine. i'm putting a new set of tires in this week. hopefully that helps. looks like i have to take it apart :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
My bike is doing the same thing. It started doing it alittle after i had my wreck but it wasnt that noticable. but after i put my new front sprocket and chain on and got new tires, the vibration got worse. I am going to get my tires balanced and my throttle bodies synced before i start worring about it. I have heard of alot of bikes that with a toe numbing vibration. My brothers CBR929 did it bad.

oh. I dont know if you read the part in my post, But it was said if you went with a aftermarket front sprocket, then you dont have that rubber dampner on it, so you will get some vibration from that. just a thought.

Hope you have good luck with what ever you decide to do.. we are all here to help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. got the valves adjusted. the throttle synched. cam tensioner adjusted. brand new front and rear tires, and the spark plugs replaced. however, i'm still getting top end vibration. it's not as toe-numbing as before though.

anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was having the same prob. I dont know if i am delusional or not, but i just got back from a ride in which i ran 1 gallon of c-12 (112 octaine). now my bike seems to be running ALOT smoother and alittle more powerfull. The fuel cleaned all the black soot from my muffler, so i am pretty sure it cleaned any build up that was on my valves and pistons. in my opinion, c-12 fuel took care of my vibration.. i will double check this in the morning, if its not raining.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts